Chapter Sixteen: Truth is Born in The Mind.

"Why do you think you'll succeed?"

"Because I'm strong."

"But you've lost multiple times."

With William in my head, he knows everything about me. This version of William, and Akira, wasn't evil nor good. If anything they were more judgmental and annoying than destructive. It's hard to believe that this is the father of Hawkins, Promise, and Nico. I was now walking through the underground after managing to get past the caved in part I fell into, this side was quiet... I should be near the 25th. I saw the etched 25 on the wall near a door, walking up to it and opening the door I was greeted to a raging fire. I quickly shut it, hearing the screams I began to run.

"Looks like the 25th has fallen. They were under Promises territory, all that fire was from her."

I stopped running, I now learned where I was. If I keep walking this way I'll get to the 21st, I hope Nico is there. But in the meantime, William kept pestering me.

"Why are all of your friends so gay?"

"What?"

"Your friends. They like the same gender, a lot of them- especially in your home realm. Why is that?"

"I dunno?! Women are hot, what can I say?"

"Ah, I see now. You're gay too, no wonder you dated Hawkins."

"He's YOUR son, if anything you should get on him not me."

"I'm not surprised nor disappointed that he likes the same gender, I'm mistaken for a woman all of the time because of the incident."

"You say that like you're proud of it."

"Well maybe I am."

I look like I'm insane, no one else can hear this voice. He appeared in his black cat form, walking on the metal rails as he continued to speak. The cats mouth didn't move when he spoke, but it did look to me.

"How will you get Vee back?"

That's a good question.

"Well I suppose, I'll either have to sneak into the 26th and steal Vee from Leo... or I can directly challenge Leo for him."

William laughed.

"It's amazing. You have no idea what that cat really is, his identity is so missing from your brain it's humiliating."

"Then tell me who he is."

"No. I want you to see for yourself."

I scoffed. Silence came upon the both of us for a moment, until it was ruined.

"Don't be surprised if he's good at sucking di-"

"CAN-can you... can you just not talk? Look, we're here. You better keep quiet."

"You're not in control here Dan. You're the one on a leash."

I groaned, stepping up onto the platform for the 21st and now walking to the right of Nico's door to my home. I fiddled in my pockets, my phone was destroyed... but my key was fine. I unlocked the door, to now step into a sight. Nico was crying on the couch, Fred's daughter and Hawkins comforting her. Fred walked up to me, and much to my surprise so did Brandon. With a smile Brandon bumped me.

"She thinks you're dead."

Hawkins looked back, opened up his mouth and now urged Nico to turn around. Nico became wide eyed and now tripped in her wooden shoes to hug me, she cried on me putting me in a tight embrace. She let go of me, smiling at me. I saw Delilah talking to Kibo upstairs near my bedroom, as we all converged to the couch and multiple chairs. Fred stood with the girl sitting on his shoulder, does she have a name? If she had one, I hadn't heard it... nor have I asked. William has kept quiet, so I thank him for that. Fred spoke.