Chapter Thirty-Seven: To Life, for which Ki fought for.

I opened my eyes, and sat up... I was on a couch. I looked around, and peered through a door into the front of this building. It was a flower shop, the doors barricaded and the lights off. While the front was almost abandoned, this room was bright, decorated with a soft couch and rug, a TV opposite of the couch with more flowers on the desk holding it up. The windows were boarded up, with pictures pinned in the wood. The room was flooded with blankets and pillows, and string lights were overhead. Vee walked beside me, putting his sword down.

"You're awake, good."

He shook himself out, his ears fluffing out on his head. He rubbed them with his fists, arching his back to stretch. This was the most I've ever seen Vee act like a cat. I stood up, and walked next to him. I continued to look around, but never really looked behind.

"Vee, is this place yours?"

"No, they're right behind you."

"Aw cmon Vel! I wanted to surprise her!"

I quickly spun, and looked up to a woman standing over me. She smiled, as I backed up a bit. She laughed, and now fell into a seat next to Vee. She was... interesting. She had green hair, yellow eyes, and a single horn on her left forehead that parted her hair. She wore a black turtle neck that exposed her shoulders, the sleeves printed with a black and white pattern similar to a tattoo. She wore big pants, a red Oni mask on her hip with other things like a sheathed sword, pouches, dangling belts, and strange keepsakes. There was a belt under her rather big chest, and a necklace in the shape of a strange shape. She unlaced her black boots, laughing still.

"V-Vee who's this?"

He stood, standing next to the tall woman. He leaned on her arm, as she grinned.

"This is one of my mom's friends, one of Ki's fiercest fighters, and my... caretaker I guess."

She chuckled, very mighty...

"The names Leah. Leah Aoki."

She extended her hand to me, and I shook it.

"No need for an instruction, I've heard all about you Dove! Everyone has!"

I chuckled, I'm still getting used to that fact. Vee turned to leave.

"Leah, look at my friend to make sure she's ready to head out."

"Veevee, did you forget about our deal?"

He stopped dead in our tracks.

"I'll... I'll do what you asked later."

Leah giggled, Vee turned half of his body around.

"Who's the one that helped you kit out your sword? Without my energy core tech, Promise would still be at large!"

Vee walked up, he hung his head.

"Do I have to, not in front of The Dove..."

"Cmon, just one and then you can go do whatever you were."

Vee sighed, and now took a step back. He lifted one foot behind him, putting up his fists and rotating them forward. With a red face, he displayed himself.

"Nya."

Leah clapped the tips of her hands in front of her as she let out an excited sound.

"I will... gladly look at your friend."

"So embarrassing..."

He quickly left, as Leah now sat next to me.

"You're perfectly fine, I already looked at you in your sleep!"