six.

Sunday, 3rd February 2013

The Davenports were in the living room, each doing their own thing.

- "Yes, Mom." Tasha talked on the phone. "Leo and I love our new home. Oh, you should come and visit." She said her last sentence with an unsure voice.

Adam was bench pressing Leo; Bree, and Chase were playing catch, and Donald was testing out an invention on his head.

- "467, 468." The short boy was counting while Adam was bench pressing him. "Put some muscle in it. 469..."

- "Shh! I'm picking up radio free Singapore." Donald stood on one foot and sang in a foreign language. "That's gonna be a hit. You mark my words."

- "But not today!" Tasha exclaimed. "Why? Because Donald's not feeling well." She lied as the latter looked at her, confused. "Look, I gotta go. He just threw up in my purse. Love you, bye!" The Davenport mom hanged up.

- "You know, we're gonna have to have your mother over eventually." Donald said.

- "No, we don't." His wife replied, quickly. "Look, my mom doesn't just visit. She has inspections. If she spots anything weird, she will use it as an excuse for her to move in."

Bree super speeded over to them to catch the ball.

- "Nothing weird here." She ran back to Chase.

Tasha gave a helpless look to her husband.

- "Honey, when your mother visits, I will shower her with love, I will make her feel welcome, and I will do anything humanly possible to..." Donald was cut off by the doorbell.

Tasha gasped in horror.

- "It's my mother!" She looked at the screen on the wall.

- "I'll be in the lab." Donald ran out of the room.

- "Quick! Turn invisible!" Tasha said to the bionic trio, who gave her a look. "Oh, come on, you have every other freaky ability. Just run and hide."

Adam, Bree, and Chase ducked behind the counter and Tasha's mother walked in.

- "Oh, good. It's unlocked." She said.

- "Mom! You're here." Mother and daughter hugged.

- "Would've been here sooner if it hadn't been for your stupid gate." Rose complained.

- "Oh, that's just Donald's titanium security fence." Tasha explained.

- "Well, if you ran it with your car hard enough, it pops right open." She grinned and walked to Leo. "Leo. There's my baby. Come and give me some sugar." Rose, aggressively, hugged him. "Ooooh! Grandma's so glad to see you." She violently grabbed his face. "Let me see your face. Let me see that face. Let me see your face. Let me see your face. You're so cute!" She quickly slapped his cheek. "Grandma brought your favorite bran fruitcake." Leo mouthed her sentence. Rose handed the short boy the fruitcake, who dropped it due to its weight.

- "Oh! Wow. Grandma, you shouldn't have!" Her grandson laughed awkwardly.

- "Oh, baby." She caressed his cheek.

- "And when I say you shouldn't have..."

- "Leo." Tasha warned.

- "I called Claire and Maddie. They are coming for a good small family reunion." The grandma explained.

- "They left, like two hours ago." Leo replied. "You know, weekly brunch."

- "You still do that?" Rose asked her daughter.