Family Life

I huff out of exhaustion as i flop down on my bed,

I grab my book from my bedside table and start reading it.

I've always loved reading books, ever since we moved here to Germany when i was only three.

Me, my older sister and my dad all moved to Germany to get away from our old life, for a new life.

We previously lived out in New York, but when my mother died in a freak accident, my father couldn't handle being in the same place his wife died.

So he got financially stable and mentally stable for me and my sister, Tiff.

Off we went to another country, i was scared at first as i was only three but Tiff understood more than me as she's two years older than me.

We got to Germany and Dad found a new job, new place, new everything.

We now live in a small village in a small cottage which i am most grateful for. When we moved here, the village quickly heard about why we moved here and started bringing us German foods as a welcome gift and a sorry for your loss.

Our neighbour, Macy acted like the mother me and Tiff never had. She was a couple years younger than my dad and the same age as my mother.

Although she was helpful, she always told us that she would never replace our mother.

She loves us like her own but never wants to replace our mother.

Me and Tiff both know that Macy and Dad have a thing for each other but we never mention it, we just giggle about it in secret as i'm old enough to now.

But after living here for 12 years now, i have no memory of New York and i think that's for the better.

It makes me sad at the same time as i have no memories of my mother, i just get told how amazing she was by my sister.

My sister, Tiff, is a typical 17 year old. She tells me all the time, "You're 15, you'll never understand!"

Father just says she's jealous of my looks and beauty, he says she's just because i look more like my mother than she ever will.

He understands how much i struggle with everything, so every friday night we have a movie night.

Just me and him as Tiff goes to parties basically every friday, she drinks the pain away even though dad says is bad for her.

And he's not wrong, but she's too much of a stupid teenager to understand.

Usually, Macy joins us for the movie night as well.

She brings over snacks and does my hair while watching the film and after the film finishes, me and Macy usually gossip about things after like a mother and daughter would.

I really love Macy but Tiff doesn't, because she's a jealous little girl.

I've tried to have a good relationship with Tiff but she never has the time for me, for dad, for anyone.

She distances herself for the sake of it, she claims she doesn't need anyone except for her boyfriend, Theo.

Tiff and Theo are inseparable, the glued together by the hip. Theo basically lives in our house, but i don't mind him as he's an alright guy.

Anyway, moving on from Tiff.

Going back to Macy, she helps homeschool me as mother always wanted us to be homeschooled and Macy used to be a teacher.

Obviously, Tiff didn't follow that, she went to a mainstream school which i never understood.

Macy helps out a lot and i love her for that.