Live Forever

8:15 am

I'm rudely awaken by my door suddenly opening along with a long squeal.

I flutter my eyes open and expect Tiff coming in, trying to steal my clothes. I sit up to my surprise and see..

"Macy?" I say in a sleepy tone, "What an earth?"

She looks at me, "The Young Singers Tryouts are today, we need to find you an outfit!"

"WHAT?!" I say, "You didn't tell me it was today, Macy are you crazy?!"

"Well, yes" Macy giggles, "I simply am."

"Why today out of all days?" I groan as i lay my head back down on my pillow,

"It's a Saturday morning, for christ sakes! Who hosts a singers competition on a Saturday morning?!"

I gasp, "I haven't even picked a song yet! Macy, why didn't you tell me it was today?!"

"Because i only got the leaflet on Thursday!" Macy replies back.

"But you work at where it's being held", I raise my voice, "why didn't they tell you earlier?"

"Because i'm only the chef there, they don't tell the chef anything unless it's about food!" Macy turns back to me, "And don't raise your voice at me, young lady."

"You're not my mother, don't tell me what to do!" I spit back, "Don't call me young lady!"

"Well if you're going to be like that, you can go by yourself Mae!" Macy says back as tears flow down her face, "And i know i'm not your mother! Thanks for reminding me the fact i can never have a child."

She cries, "Thanks a lot, Mae."

I suddenly realise what she meant by that.

When we first met Macy, she told us she had infertility problems and could never have a child.
But because she never brought it up ever again, i sort of forgotten about it.

I sigh, "Macy, that's not what i meant."

"No Mae, you've said what you've said", She walks up to my door and mutters, "See you this evening." Macy says in a cold tempered voice before slamming the door shut.

Great, i don't even know when this singers thing starts!

I don't have an outfit, song or a clue when this thing starts. Typical, because i never get told anything.

I groan loudly before getting out of bed, i walk up to my vanity where i had chucked the jumper that i was wearing yesterday.

I sit down and rummage through the pocket to try and find the leaflet, i grab the leaflet in my hand and pull it out.

I uncrumple the paper, "10:00 am." I look around at my alarm clock, "and it's only 08:30, thank god."

This gives me a couple hours to figure out an outfit and song.

I put my head in my hands and sigh, "jesus, i think i need some more sleep."

"You can say that again." Comes a voice from behind me, making me jump out of my skin.

I turn around and see Tiff looking ruff, she's obviously majorly hungover and maybe even still drunk.

Tiff laughs as she sits down next to me,

"Whatever you did to Macy, Dad is furious about it. Like absolutely livid!"

"You're joking", I whisper, "fuck."

"What is this singers thing anyway?" Tiff asks, "Why are you going to it?"
"Because Macy wanted me to."

Tiff chuckles, "She isn't our mother, why are you taking her orders?"