Six Forty Eight

I wake up from the most comfortable sleep of my life, but when i flutter my eyes open and realise there's an arm wrapped around my waist, i think saying im scared is an understatement.

I look around the room and soon realise where i am, I turn my body around the other way and see Bill sleeping there peacefully.

I realised both of us had gotten so tired from talking and smoking last night, we'd fallen asleep in our clothes from yesterday.

I gently brushes my hand across his face before cupping my hand on his jawline. His eyes flutter open along with a smile, "morning." Bill mutters in a sleepy voice.

"Hate to break your comfort, but your arm is kind of around my waist." I giggle.

His eyes widen as he panics slightly and moves his arm, "Shit! I'm sorry, i move around a lot in my sleep."

I smile and move my hand down to his neck, "It's fine, you don't need to keep explaining to me. Plus, you looked comfortable."

"I, uh, also hate to break the time to you." Bill slightly mutters.

I look at him confused before grabbing his hand and looking at his watch, "6:48?! SHIT!"

I panic out of the bed and grab my phone off Bill's desk.

My face goes from panic to confusion.

One message from: Shit-for-brains (Tiff)

Maeve! You need to call me when you get this.

"what?" I say to myself.

I immediately call Tiff in a panic.

...

...

"Tiff!"

"Dad's is caught up at work until tonight and so is Macy, don't worry about coming back so soon."

"Huh?"

"Pillows under the duvet, leaving the window open? I need to give you some sneaking out advice." Tiff chuckles.

"Oh my, thank you." I sigh in relief.

"So, go enjoy your time with Bill the lover boy!"

"Shut it, Tiffany!" I giggle, "Say hi to Theo for me."

Tiff giggles, "Of course i will."

"Thank you so much." I say in relief before hanging up and breathing out heavily.

Bill looks at me, "Everything okay?"

"Yes", I lay back down on the bed, "yes." I look up at the ceiling and close my eyes.

I immediately get confused when i feel a light pressure on my shoulder.

I look down and see Bill resting his head on my shoulder, "Don't make this weird, Maeve. I just want to be comfortable."

I chuckle, "I wasn't going to."

"Of course you were." Bill chuckles.

"Fine", I roll my eyes, "Maybe i was."

"Knew it!" He lifts his head and looks into my eyes, "Knew it." Bill looks down at my lips again and back at my eyes.

He doesn't think i notice but i do.

I look into his eyes, "Do you think your mother would mind if we play music this early?"

Bill smiles, "My mother is out in the flower market by 6:30, but Tom might mind."