Sneak Out

Hello there, stranger.

Sober enough yet, drunkie?

Shut it, Bill.

Never, Mae!

I smile at my phone as i type.

Thank you for the jacket and getting me home safe.

Ha! You're welcome, but how well did your father take it?

Not well, at all.

Well, do you want to come over again? You can tell me what he said.

Yeah, i'm pretty sure i'm grounded for the next two years, that won't be happening.

Unlucky, Maeve!

Shut it, Bill.

Anyway, so what if you're grounded? Sneak out.

You're joking right? My ass will get caught.

How?

You forget my neighbour, soon to be living in my house, is Macy!

Hold up, what did i miss??

Fine, i'll sneak out tonight and tell you everything.

Can't wait!

I slightly chuckle and put my phone down on my bedside table.

I fling my bedsheet off me and swing my legs over the bed, i stand up and my headache immediately thumps against.

"fuck, i'm never drinking beer again."

I walk over to my wardrobe and pick up a vest top along with some shorts as i'm burning up from the hangover.

I quickly get changed before making my way downstairs.

I walk downstairs and see Tiff's boyfriend, Theo.

"There's my favourite best friend! How are you?" Theo exclaims.

I walk up to him and wrap my arms around his waist, resting my head on his chest seen as he's taller than me, "Hungover, i'm hungover as fuck."

"And you're about to be grounded as fuck." I turn my head and see my father stood there with his arms crossed, "Sneaking out and getting drunk?"

Theo pulls away and says, "I'll leave the cake in the kitchen."

Theo walks away and Dad walks up to me, "You are grounded for the next month and no going out to see your new friend."

"So Macy told you about him?" I scoff and cross my arms, "You know, i'm starting to really dislike her."

"You're going to have to get used to her, as she's moving in."

"Well why didn't you talk to me and Tiff about that first?! You can't just let her move in."

Dad rolls his eyes and starts walking off, "Grow up."

"Really?! You're walking away?!" I shout, "Some sort of Dad you are!"

He walks back out of the kitchen with his work bag, "I'm going to work."

"That's it!" I shout as he walk out the front door, "Walk away like you always do!"

He slams the door before saying anything else.

I roll my eyes and walk into the kitchen where Tiff and Theo sit at the breakfast bar table.

"So", Theo smiles and holds up the cake box, "Red Velvet? Like always?"