Illness

2005, three months after Maeve's disappearance.

20:36 pm

I sit down on the sofa and flick through all the channels, funny thing is that i've watched all of these channels as i've been on house arrest by my father.

I sigh as i feel someone sit next to me, i've been ignoring everyone but Tiff over these past three months and i don't even bat an eyelid at anyone other than her.

"Mae?" A soft voice says, i turn my head and see Macy looking at me concerned.

I say in a low tone, "what do you want?"

"Well tomorrow is friday, and do you know what we haven't done in ages on a friday?" She smiles, "Movies! I'll bring groceries over tomorrow and we can watch some movies in the morning, as i'm working tomorrow evening."

I roll my eyes, "sure."

Macy sighs, "You can't be mad forever."

I feel my eyes well up with tears but i keep an angry tone in my voice, "Really? Because i think i have a right, i was taken away from Bill and completely against my will."

"Mae, you- ah." Macy suddenly groans in pain and holds onto her stomach.

I sit up in worry, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, i've just been feeling off since this morning." She chuckles, "It's probably your father's horrible cooking, this is why i should cook from now on! I am going to be living here soon enough as it is."

I cross my arms, "forgot about that." I stand up from the sofa, "I best get to bed."

"Night, Mae."

"Night Mace." I smile, "If you don't feel better by tomorrow, go to a doctor please!"

"Yes Ma'am." Macy giggles as i walk off out the living room.

I walk up to the stairs and make my way up them, i make my way to my room and walk in leaving the door slight ajar behind me as that's the rules now.

Seen as i'm already in my pjs, i get straight into bed and grab my tv remote. I put the tv on and put a random channel on to fall asleep too, as i do i hear slight knocking at my door.

"Yes?" I question sleepily.

Tiff pops her head in, "Am i joining you tonight again?" She smiles.

Before she could say anything, i burst out into tears not being able to hold them in from mine and Macy's conversation earlier.

Tiff rushes up to me in panic, "What's wrong, Mae?!" She sits down next to me and places her hand on my knee.

I cry, "I miss him, so much."

"Mae, i know you do." Tiff sighs, "But we will find him again and have you two reunited."

"As long as i'm living under this roof, i won't!" I sob, "I just want to see him again, i just want a hug or a kiss from him again." I say, "It's killing me, Tiff."

"I know it is." Tiff shuffles up next to me in the bed and wraps her arms around me, "it's going to be okay."

I cry in her arms, "I want Bill."

"I know, Mae." She sighs, "I know."

***

8:30 am

I flutter my puffy eyes open and sit up, i look around my room and see Tiff in the bed next to me, i let her sleep in my bed as i need someone to be by me in this moment.