It's Never Goodbye

5:45 am

I groan as i wake up to the blaring sound of my alarm, "ugh." I say as i sleepily hit the alarm to turn it off.

I turn my body over to face Bill, i smile softly as i see him sleep so peacefully and as much as i want to stay like this forever i need to get ready.

I gently peel his arm, that's around my waist, off and creep out of bed quietly, i make my way to the door hoping a hadn't woken Bill up.

I reach for the door handle as i hear a voice, "Yiu could've been a bit quieter." I hear a sleepy voice chuckle.

I turn around as Bill turns on a lamp that was on the bedside table next to him, i sigh as the room lights up, "I tried to be, i'm sorry." I giggle.

He sits up, "It's fine, but.." Bill reaches for Paddy who lays beside him, "You didn't wake the dog up at least." He giggles softly as he gently pats Paddy.

"That dog could sleep through a bomb, i swear." I say, "Right, we have to be on the way to the airport by 6:15, so get ready."

"Why are you telling me now?" Bill says as he looks at the alarm clock, "It's only 5:46."

"Because you take absolutely forever to get ready." I laugh, "Now, get ready!"

6:07 am

I rush around the kitchen looking for my car keys as Bill had miss placed them last night.

We're all ready to leave for the airport and everyone is waiting by the car, but i don't have my fucking keys.

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket, i take it out of my pocket and don't even look at who it is, i just simply place it up to my ear.

...

"Hello?!" I say sort of annoyed.

"Calm down." Answers Tom, "It's just me."

"Tom, i can't really call right now, i'm busy." I say still trying to find my keys.

"At 6:07 in the morning? Anyway, what the fuck?!" Tom says suddenly, making me freeze in my spot.

I gulp, "What?"

"Why the fuck have you got a tattoo on the side of your hip saying that awful thing?!" Tom says, "Are you crazy?! Bill has only been back in your life for a week."

"Actually, funny story." I slightly giggle, "I've had that since 2006."

"WHAT?! Holy shit, why haven't you gotten it removed?" Tom laughs.

I say, "I don't know, Tom! But i'm kinda busy right now-"

"Maeve!" I hear Bill say from behind me. I turn around and sigh, "Not now, Bill."

"Who are you on the phone too?" He asks gently.

I groan, "Your brother! Now please go wait by the car while i find the keys."

"Where are you going? It's the crack of dawn-"

"Goodbye Tom." I say before hanging up the phone and placing it back in my pocket as i look at Bill, "The car, NOW."

"About that." He says shyly, "Don't be mad."
I stop what i was doing and look at him, "What, Bill?"

"The keys." Bill pulls a worried face as he pulls them out of his pocket, "I put them in this jacket pocket last night and forgot, i'm sorry!"

I scoff as i snatch the keys from his hand, "Idiot."

I grab onto his hand, "You're lucky i'm too in love with you to be mad, but we've got to go." I drag him out the house.

We walk out the house and Julie looks at me with relief, "Where were they?" She says as her and Phil stand outside the car patiently.

I cross my arms and look at Bill, "In someone's pocket."

"Don't blame me, you were the one that let me drive." Bill mumbles under his breath.

Phil tuts, "Come on Mae, we've got a flight to catch!" He groans as he holds the suitcases in his hands.

I open the car, "Sorry."

Stupid Bill, putting the keys in his pocket.

I swear all boys are just born stupid.

***

At the airport..

A wave of sadness flows over me as i pull up outside the airport, i stop the car and feel my eyes well up.

I feel a hand on my thigh making me look up, i see Bill, who's in the passenger seat, look at me and smile, "You can do this."

I huff out, "Yeah." I open the car door and step out, seen as Julie and Phil were already getting their suitcases out of the car and ready to leave.

I stand on the pavement as Julie and Phil walk up to me with their suitcases, i see the tears in Julie's eyes as she hugs me.

I cling my arms around her and sigh, "I don't want you to go."

"I know, sweetie." Julie sighs, "I know."

I pull away and tears form in my eyes, "You'll have to come out here again, soon."

"Of course we will." Julie smiles, "Make sure you send some photo of Tiff's baby when they come over."

"Obviously!" I giggle, "I love you, ma."
"I love you too, sweetie." She pulls away and stands off to the side.

Phil smiles at me before pulling me in for a hug, he laughs, "Your mascara is smudged."
"Shut up." I mumble as i hug him tight, "Is it bad?"

Phil pulls away and says, "You look like Bill in 2006."

"Hey!" Bill says from his opened window, "I heard that."

I laugh, "Babe, it's a compliment, i think." I sigh as i turn back to Julie and Phil, "I guess this is goodbye, then."

"Sweetie, it's never goodbye." Julie says.
Phil smiles, "It's simply, see you later."

I smile as i hold back my tears, "See you later."
They both wave before walking off into the airport, i turn back to the car and look at Bill through his open window.

He places his hand ontop of mine as i rest it on the window sill, he sighs, "Want me to drive? I pretty much know where your house is now."

"If that's okay." I sniff back.
Bill smiled softly, "Of course it is."

"You're the best." I smile.

Bill gets out the car and leaves the door open for me, he walks to the drivers side and chuckles, "Don't mention it."