Lines

TW: READ WITH CAUTION ⚠️

Maeve's pov

I place my phone on the bed after sending the message to Bill, i slowly get up from my bed and make my way over to my bathroom.

I walk in and shut the door behind me as i feel the tears stream down my face, this is it.

This is my final destination.

I feel lifeless as i open one of the cupboards in my bathroom, where i keep the blades.

I stare at the blades for a while, i watch as my tears fall onto the cold metal before picking one up. Next to the blades was a bottle of something i was prescribed years ago but for some reason kept.

I grab it and hold them tightly in my hand.

I close the cupboard before slowly walking back over to the door, i slouch my body against the door and sit on the cold floor.

My hand shakes as i look down at my wrist,

"Hm." I say to myself, "Now i understand why you did it, Dad."

I open the pill bottle with shaking hands and place it up to my mouth, i tip my head back and feel as the hard pills swallow down my throat.

I gag at the taste and the hardest of the pills, i chuck the now empty bottle on the floor and grab the blade in my shaking hand.

I place the blade up to my wrist, pressing hard against my skin gliding it across my wrist, drawing out dark blood.

I don't feel the pain, maybe it's the rush of blood to the head.

I pick up the blade from my skin and move it down, drawing more blood as the blade runs across my fragile skin.

My eyes start getting heavier as the blade hurts my skin, my vision starts going black and my stomach turns.

Guilt takes over my body suddenly.
I'm not ready to die, not yet.

Too late, the blade falls from my hand and my wrist flops on the floor as my soul slowly drifts away.

To another place, far from here.

***

Bill's pov

I run up the driveway to Maeve's house as tears fall down my face, i run up to the door and knock and kick at the door, "ANSWER, PLEASE!" I cry out.

I knock and knock at the door until it suddenly opens, Julie stands there confused, "Bill, it's late! What are you-"

"Maeve's in danger!" The tears fall from my face as i push past Julie.

"Bill, what do you mean?!" I hear Julie shout as i run up the stairs to Mae's bedroom. I fling myself into the bedroom door, nearly taking it off its hinges.

I don't see her at all in the room until i look at the bathroom door, where i see a slight trace of blood.

"No, NO!" I scream as i run up to the bathroom door.

I try to open it, but somethings behind the door. I force my body into the door as i sob, "MAE! PLEASE, BABY."

Finally, the door budges.

I gulp as i see Maeve's lifeless body on the floor, my eyes draw to her wrist where blood pours from long cut lines.

I fall to my knees and pick up Mae's body in my arms, "No, no, baby! Stay with me." I turn her face to me, it's blue.

Her lips, her eyelids.
All blue.
Holy fuck, she's dying.

"No, no!" I sob as i hear someone walk up behind me.