9.

Y/N POV

~~~~~~~~

Benevolence helps me down into the clearing and over to the leaders' rock. He carefully helps me up, and I see the other leaders giving me either weird, suspicious, concerned, or sympathetic glances. I let out a soft grunt as I haul myself up and stand beside Killer.

"Let the Gathering begin." Reaper says.

Killer instantly turns me. "Y/N? What are you doing up here?" He scans the crowd.

"Dream and Nightmare aren't dead, before you ask." I say. "They'll be here shortly."

I hope.

Killer narrows his eyes, then exhales slowly. "Shattered and Raspberry have gone missing."

"So has Dance." Reaper says.

"Dance is fine." I say, but I don't say anything about Shattered and Rasp. They didn't come to the Gathering because they aren't ready for their clan to know they're alright. I don't know why the two wish to stay hidden, or why they told me to tell them what their clanmates' reactions are to them going missing, but I'll respect their wishes.

"Is he with you?" Reaper growls. "Did you do something to him?"

I take a deep breath, trying to lower my stress. I don't want to have a cramp in front of all of these people. That'd be downright embarrassing.

"I didn't do anything to Dance." I say calmly. "Neither did any of my clanmates. If Dream would get here, he can explain."

"Just explain for us, then."

"No need for Y/N to explain, Reaper." Ash's voice comes from down below, and I see his gang at the top of the hollow. "I have all the answers you need."

"ASH!" Killer snarls. "We told you to stay away from the clans. We-"

"You didn't tell me anything." Ash leads his gang through the crowd, and I see Dream and Nightmare at his side. Phantom roughly shoves Nightmare on the ground, and he snarls in pain. I stiffen, but I have to force myself to stay calm. "Dream told me not to come back."

"And y-yet you did anyway." Nightmare growls, only to snarl again as Phantom kicks him in the chest. I flinch as if it were me Phantom kicked and not him.

"...What did you do to him...?" Killer whispers.

"What I did to him doesn't matter." Ash steps over Nightmare and glares up at us. "I've come to make a deal with you."

"We'll never make a deal with you, you bastard." Ink snaps.

"Fine then." Ash says dismissively as he pulls a gun out from his vest and points it at Nightmare's skull. He looks up at me defiantly and smirks. "If you want to see your partner live, Y/N, I suggest you convince the others to listen to what I have to say. Or I can kill him and Dream, and I'll leave. You won't see me again. Either way, you lose. There is no outcome in which you guys win." He looks at the other leaders. "So which is it? Listen to what I have to say, or be the ones to blame when Y/N's child grows up fatherless?"

"You wouldn't." Killer growls. "That's just heartless."

"Will you listen?"

"Never. Get your ass out of here."

Ash smirks and cocks his gun. "Fine then."

"Ash, wait." Another rogue steps up, and all of us gasp.

"What.." Killer takes a step back. "That's- Not possible-" He glares at Reaper. "Did you know about this? You sense when people die, correct? Did you-"