3.

Nightmare POV

~~~~~~~~

"That... Isn't possible... Is it...?" Malevolence whispers, but I hardly hear him. My gaze is glued on Sigh as she sits down on the ground beside Ash.

She doesn't look like Sigh, but she does at the same time. Instead of her usual black cape, there's a dark grey vest with light blue cuffs. She still has her scarf, though. She has black pants that just barely pass her knees, and dark blue boots instead of slippers. A quiver of arrows is strapped around her chest, and wrapped around her left femur is a sheathe where I see her chain. Her headband and tail aren't glowing, and the glitchy particle hiding the small cracks in her skull is gone. I could be wrong, but I think the cracks have grown, too. I see a bullet hole in her skull.

"Sigh..." Guilt threatens to overwhelm me, and I dig my fingers into the wood to keep myself from falling.

Ash wraps an arm around Sigh, and I choke as he rests his skull on her shoulder. She wraps her tail around him the same way she used to do to me when we were apprentices.

"It can't be her." Malevolence sits back up. "She- She died... I saw her dust... Besides, she- She couldn't just die and come back to life with a new change of clothes, right? She'd come back to Dynamic if she were alive..."

"Sigh was your old partner, correct?" Warden asks me quietly.

"We were nothing more than apprentices crushing on each other." I mumble. "She's Y/N's adopted mother."

"So, Si, what do you think of the barn?" Ash asks, making me confused. Sigh and I went to see Farmer once or twice when we were apprentices. He promised he'd keep our secret, and he did.

"I thought you'd live in something a little more sanitary, but it's cozy." She smirks and leans against him. "I like cozy things."

"Nightmare." Malevolence whispers. "That isn't her."

"Of course it is." I growl. "It-"

"No, I mean- She- She's not our Sigh. Just like Despair and Malice are in the same timeline, or Shattered, Dream, and Swad. She's probably Sigh from another timeline."

"How do you have two of the same being from different timelines together?" Warden asks.

"I don't know, but you've met the Dream variants. I'm not sure who raised them. From what I've heard, Lanny raised Dream. I think Hope took care of Shattered, I don't know."

"I thought Healers couldn't have children."

"Well, they can't, not biologically, but the entire clan is like children to a Healer, so Hope probably took care of him. I can't think of anyone el-"

"Quiet." I hiss. "They're planning something."

"We strike at midnight." Ash says. "They'll never see it coming."

"We've been over this." Phantom groans, flopping down on his back. His cape covers his face, and he doesn't bother to remove it. Diamonas pokes him, and he growls. "Go away, you big glob of goo."

"I'm aware we've been over this." Ash says. "I just want to make sure you know when we'll stroke."

"Yes, yes, midnight, blah blah, whatever." Phantom sits back down as Diamonas pokes him again. "DIA I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T STOP TOUCHING ME-"

"Leave him alone, Diamonas." The rogue with the blade for an arm sighs.

Diamonas stands up and wanders over to Farmer. I realize that Dance is with Farmer. I'm surprised I hadn't seen him before.

"What's Dance doing here?" Malevolence whispers.

"Diamonas..." Phantom says warningly. When Dia doesn't stop, Phantom chucks a glass bottle at his head, and Dia turns, growling. "Get your goopy ass back here before I strangle you."