21.

Y/N POV

~~~~~~~~

I yawn and roll over, only opening my eyes when I feel that the space beside me is empty. I raise my head and blink sleepily at Nightmare, who is standing beside the window, Bell in his arms. "Nightmare...?"

Nightmare looks at me. "I couldn't sleep, and then Bell woke up, so I decided it'd be better not to wake you. You looked comfortable."

I sit up. "Well, thank you."

"Anything for you, darling." He smiles, and I smile back. He sets Bell down as she falls asleep, then he walks over to me and slips back into bed. He wraps an arm over me, and I set my head on his shoulder. He laces his fingers with mine as he kisses me softly. I wrap my arms around his neck and push him down into the sheets as his tendrils wrap around me. They tighten around my body as I pull away from him, and he gazes into my eyes. "I love you, Y/N."

I bury my head in the crook of his neck. "I love you too, Nightmare."

He rolls me over onto my back and sits up, straddling me as he smirks slightly. "Y'know, it's been a while since it's been just you in me." His eye light darts around for a moment as his smirk grows into a grin. He leans back down and kisses me passionately, and I squeak. I kiss him back, wrapping my legs around his hips. He presses me into the mattress, a tendril snaking towards my neck.

"What about it?" I gasp as he starts to just barely tightens the tendril around my throat.

He sits up and pulls my legs around my hips. "Wanna have some fun~?"

~~~~~~~~

"Whoa-" I stumble downstairs, nearly crashing into Nightmare. He chuckles and helps me down. "I am.. Very dizzy."

"You alright-?" Dream walks up to us.

"She'll be fine~" Nightmare kisses my cheek affectionately and chuckles again. He pulls me into his arms, smirking. "We're going out on patrol. We'll be back later."

"I can't even walk." I grumble as we head for the door. "How am I supposed to go on patrol?"

"I'll carry you." He whispers, swinging the door open and shutting it closed behind us.

"I love you." I lean up and kiss him, making him smile.

"I love you too, darling." He nuzzles my head with his skull, his cheekbones turning slightly cyan with blush. "You are the best thing that's ever happened to me."

I wrap my arms around him as we approach the Martyrdom border. "Same with you." I snuggle against his chest, and he puts his jacket around me with two tendrils. I lean up and kiss him again, giggling.

"I'm sorry we ever fought." He murmurs, stroking the back of my head. "And that I... Hurt you..." His voice comes out strangled, and he looks like he's choking back a sob.

"Hey." I put a hand on his cheekbone and sit up, wrapping my legs around his hips. He holds me with his tendrils so I don't fall, and his arms wrap around me. "I'm past that. You were angry, and I also made mistakes. I shouldn't have said what I said. I-"

"No, you were right." He sighs.

I kiss him again. "I forgive you, Nightmare. It's alright. It happened. You don't need to dwell on it."

"But I hurt you..."

"It's ok." I whisper, pressing my forehead against his.

He chuckles and hugs me tightly as we sit down on the riverbed. "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

We sit in silence, just enjoying each other's company as he cuddles me. I'm nice and warm in his cozy embrace. He sets his head on my shoulder, a tendril poking the water and making small ripples. Some of the small fish swim away when he touches the water, making me giggle. He plants kisses on my cheek and my neck affectionately, his fingers lacing with mine.