24.

Y/N POV

~~~~~~~~

The air grows so thick until it's hard for me to breathe. I dig my fingernails into my arm to stop myself from falling over. The only sound in the forest is the faint breeze, but that's drowned out by Malevolence's wails and cries of anguish as he clutches his brother's dusty headband to his chest.

"I- I-" Rasp speaks, drawing everyone's attention to him, but his voice is so quiet I hardly hear him. He stares in disbelief at the place where Benevolence once was. "...I'm so sorry... I didn't mean to, I just- I- I was j-just defending G- I-"

The forest goes so cold I feel like I might freeze to death, and Malevolence's eye light glows blindingly bright as he glares at Rasp. He summons his dagger, his hands trembling from how tightly he's gripping it. His wings flare behind him, and he almost looks like a fallen angel from how brightly he's glowing. He staggers up, his face stained with tears, and he throws the dagger at Rasp. It misses the young warrior, and instead, it hits Arrogance in the skull, and the warrior dusts instantly.

"GO!" Malevolence snarls, tears streaming down his cheeks. "GET YOUR PATHETIC ASSES OUT OF MY TERRITORY, OR I WILL KILL ALL OF YOU." His tendrils snake out of his back, snapping and growing whip-thin behind him.

"...I'm sorry..." Rasp's voice cracks.

"GO!" When no one moves, Malevolence stands up. "You have ten seconds." He summons his dagger again. "Get out of my forest. Now."

Still, no one moves.

Malevolence almost seems to grow in size as he stalks slowly and threateningly towards the Martyrdom warriors. His tendrils plunge in Rasp's limbs, and he drags the poor warrior into the air. Rasp lets out a cry as he dangles limply in Malevolence's grasp. I think he's going to kill Rasp, but then he grabs Rasp by the neck and slams him into the ground, creating a concerningly large sized dent in the dirt. I hear a few snaps and I reckon several of Rasp's bone are broken, but he staggers up anyway, his eye lights flickering. Tears stream down his face as he looks at Malevolence.

"I'm so sorry..." He whispers, then limps across the border and heads back to his camp. The rest of the warriors follow, and when they're all gone, Malevolence collapses on the ground, sobbing.

Hesitantly, because I'm kind of scared of him at this point, I walk over to him and put a hand on his shoulder. He flinches but doesn't do anything to pull away, and I lean down. I wrap my arms around him and start crying softly.

~~~~~~~~

Rasp POV

~~~~~~~~

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE ALL OF YOU BEEN?" Killer snaps as we enter camp. "Wh- What the hell???"

"Border fight." Discord says, smirking. "It was awesome as hell."

I clench my fists, biting back a retort. Shattered rushes to my side, but I shove him away.

"What happened?" Killer asks.

"Dunno how it started, but there was a lot of blood, and then THIS GUY-" Discord gestures to me, laughing. "HE KILLED BENEVOLENCE! Aw, man, ya should've seen him! It-"

"SHUT UP!" I snarl, holding back a wince as I move my broken arm. "I DIDN'T WANT TO KILL HIM! THAT BATTLE GOT SO OUT OF HAND. I SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. WE LOST ARROGANCE BECAUSE OF ME, AND YOU THINK IT WAS AWESOME?"

"...Arrogance is dead...?" Killer whispers, his eye lights flickering into view.

"Malevolence got pissy and killed him." G mutters, giving me a glare. "Rasp, your room. Now."