Chapter 1 : Introduction to hell

(Quick author's note. None of the images, unless explicitly stated are mine, characters belong to Vivienne Medrano)

As I opened my eyes in this unknown void, a wave of confusion and dread washed over me. My senses were invaded by a cacophony of tormented cries and the strong stench of sulphur. I turn my face up to the sky which burned with hues of crimson and black. Strange beings prowled in the shadows; their eyes gleaming with hostility. Where am I? what is this place? This was no ordinary place; the air was thick with hopelessness and the ground felt intensely hot beneath my bare feet. In this infernal landscape, I was a stranger, lost and confounded, trapped in a nightmare which it seemed I couldn't wake from.

As I stumble across the fiery landscape, I come across a misshapen, rusted sign, emerging from the scorched ground. It's rough edges and sinister glow reveal the chilling lettering; 'Welcome to Hell'. The letters flicker and contort, in a way that felt like it was almost mocking my deafeningly loud heartbeat. As I stand frozen in horror, the realization of the situation hits me. Hell! Fuck me, I know I was no saint, but hell, really? I stare out into the treacherous scene in front of me, I feel a large lump in my throat as I force myself to step forward.

As I cautiously travel through the twisted streets of this fiendish city, my eyes dart apprehensively from one unsightly figure to another. Amongst the chaos and despair, a faint glow in the distance caught my attention. I cautiously follow the light, to find myself at the entrance of extravagant looking establishment. The sign above the large red door read 'Hell 666' a fitting name for a club in hell, I suppose. As I step inside, the air grew heavy with the smell of cigarettes and booze. Taking a look around; the interior was grand, decorated with velvet cushions, golden ornaments and lots of vivid shades of blue, purple and pink. Despite all the colour and the flashy interior, I feel an abnormal aura hanging in the air, I couldn't help but feel on edge.

To one side of the room, I spot a bar and slowly make my way over, ignoring the glances from the other patrons. The bar didn't seem to match the rest of the room, it radiated an ambience of faded glamour. Its dimly lit interior engulfed in a mist of cigarette smoke and the contrasting smell of spilled liquor. Behind the bar, unstable looking wooden shelves were adorned with lustrous bottles, each on displaying a uniquely colourful label. At the centre of it all stood the bartender, a figure seasoned with knowledge. Dressed in a crisp white shirt and black jacket adorned with an embroidered logo with the club's name.

I take a seat on one of the tall bar stools, feeling the weight of my situation pressing heavily down on my shoulders. The bartender approached, a subtle gleam in their gaze, it almost looked like understanding. The bartender offered me a drink, I hesitated and sheepishly declined, shaking my head, feeling the embarrassment burning my cheeks. I have no money, this is hell, where do you even get money....

As I sat there, lost in thought, nursing my pride along with the empty space in front of me, I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. Glancing around the dim lighting of the club, my eyes landed on a private booth, burrowed at the back of the club, where a figure surrounded by shadows was looking right in my direction....