Chapter 57: I Don't Like You

As Valentino playfully wraps his arms around Vox, I decide to join in on the teasing. With a sly grin, I chime in, "Yeah, Voxxy. You should loosen up a bit" adding to the playful banter between them. He shoots me a sharp look, his expression darkening slightly at my attempt to join in on Valentino's playful teasing. "Don't call me that" he snaps, his tone laced with irritation. Valentino lets out a boisterous laugh at his reaction, clearly enjoying the opportunity to rile him up even further. "Oh, come on, Voxxy" Val chimes in, his grin widening mischievously. "You've got to admit, it's kind of catchy". I can't help but stifle a giggle at Vox's obvious discomfort, though I quickly sober up as Vox's gaze flickers over to me, his eyes narrowing slightly. Despite his annoyance, there's a flicker of something else in his expression—perhaps a hint of amusement, or maybe begrudging admiration for Valentino's relentless teasing.

As the tension between Vox and Valentino simmers, I try to lighten the mood with a playful jab. "Come on, don't be such a grump," I tease, pulling a face at him. "You know you secretly love it". He rolls his eyes, but a faint smirk tugs at the corners of his lips, betraying his attempt to maintain his composure. Val chuckles at our banter, his arm still draped casually around Vox's shoulders as if daring him to push back. "See? Even she knows you've got a soft spot for me" Valentino quips, flashing him a smug grin. He lets out an exasperated sigh, but there's a glimmer of amusement in his eyes as he shakes his head. "You two are insufferable" he mutters, though the corners of his lips twitch upwards ever so slightly.

I lounge back on the sofa, letting out a contented sigh as I stretch out my legs. From my relaxed position, I observe the two of them engrossed in their conversation about work-related matters. Unable to resist the opportunity to tease Vox, I pipe up with a mischievous grin. "Hey, Vox, did you manage to sort out your 'situation' from earlier?" I inquire, a playful twinkle in my eye. He shoots me a pointed glare, his expression a mixture of annoyance and amusement. "I don't remember you being such an asshole" he retorts. Val lets out a hearty laugh at our exchange, clearly entertained by our banter. "Oh, come on, Vox, you know she's just messing with you" he chimes in, giving him a playful nudge with his elbow, I can't help but chuckle at his reaction.

I lean forward, a smirk playing on my lips as I maintain eye contact with Vox. "I'm not messing," I insist, my tone teasing yet sincere. "I genuinely want to know. But judging by how uptight you are, I'm guessing you didn't sort it out" I quip, unable to resist poking fun at his discomfort. Vox narrows his eyes at me, clearly annoyed by my persistence. "It's none of your business" he retorts sharply, his tone laced with irritation. "And for the record, I don't appreciate your jokes" he adds, his expression growing colder. I shoot back at him, my voice tinged with frustration and anger. "Don't forget, you're the one who tricked me into signing that contract and being stuck here" I remind him pointedly. "I'm by no means going to make it fun for you" I assert, my resolve firm as I refuse to let him off the hook so easily.

Vox's expression darkens, his mouth tightening as he glares at me. "You think you're so clever, don't you?" he retorts, his tone laced with disdain. "Well, let me remind you, you're the one who fell for it hook, line, and sinker. Don't try to pin this all on me" His words sting, but I refuse to back down, meeting his gaze with steely determination. Valentino intervenes, sensing the tension between us. "Alright, alright, let's not ruin the mood" he says, trying to diffuse the situation. "We're all just here to relax, aren't we?" He shoots me a knowing look, silently urging me to let it go for now. Reluctantly, I nod, realizing that escalating the confrontation won't do me any favors. I decide to let it go, at least for the moment. After all, there's no use dwelling on things I can't change right now. Instead, I lean back on the sofa and sip my drink.

As Valentino rises to fetch another round of drinks, Vox slides into the seat beside me with unsettling ease. "You know" he begins, his voice low and smooth, "you're going to have to get used to me being around". His words carry a subtle challenge, and I meet his gaze with a defiant glare. "Or what?" I ask, my tone irritated. "Or you'll find out" Vox replies, his tone carrying a subtle threat. "I'm not scared of you" I retort defiantly, meeting his gaze squarely. Vox leans in closer, his expression tinged with amusement. "Oh, aren't you?" he muses, his voice low and tinged with a hint of menace. "Don't you remember the nasty electrical shock I gave you last time. Or maybe you secretly liked it". His words send a shiver down my spine, a mixture of fear and anger bubbling within me.