Chapter 60: This Is My Life Now

As the morning light filtered through the curtains, I stirred from my slumber, blinking away the remnants of sleep. Beside me, I noticed that Valentino was nowhere to be found, his absence a stark reminder of the unpredictable nature of our arrangement. Attempting to rise from the bed, I shifted my weight, inadvertently rousing Vox from his sleep. His grumpy demeanor matched my foul mood, and as he shot me a disapproving glare, I braced myself for his inevitable commentary. "Could you be any clumsier?" he muttered irritably, his words laced with annoyance. Rolling my eyes at his grouchy remark, I couldn't help but retort, "You don't have to be a dick, it's too early for that". His scowl deepened at my sass, but I couldn't bring myself to care. With Val's absence and Vox's grumpiness, the morning was already off to a rocky start. But I refused to let his mood dampen my spirits any further. Pushing myself out of bed, I ignored Vox's continued grumbling and set about preparing for the day ahead.

As I moved around the room, Vox's grumpy demeanor seemed to intensify with each passing moment. Finally, unable to contain his irritation any longer, he couldn't resist taking another jab at me. "Are you always such a mess in the morning," he grumbled, his tone dripping with disdain. "Fuck off, Vox" I snapped, unable to contain my frustration any longer. "Save your attitude for someone who actually cares. I've had enough of your grumpiness this morning". The tension between us crackled in the air, each word a thinly veiled barb in our verbal sparring match. But beneath the surface, I couldn't shake the nagging sense of unease that lingered, a reminder of the delicate balance of our tumultuous relationship.

His scowl deepened as he sat up, his words cutting through the tension-filled air like a knife. "Last night doesn't change anything" he growled, his tone laced with authority. "You need to remember that I own you, and that means cutting the sass". His reminder hung heavy in the air, a stark reminder of the power dynamic that governed our relationship. Despite the fleeting moments of intimacy and affection we had shared, the reality of our arrangement remained unchanged. I swallowed hard, the weight of his words settling in the pit of my stomach. Despite my natural inclination to rebel against his authority, I knew that challenging Vox's dominance would only lead to more trouble.
As I signed in resignation and nodded in acknowledgment of Vox's reminder, his scowl softened slightly, a hint of approval shining through. "Good girl" he murmured, his tone carrying authority. The words caught me off guard, a strange mixture of validation and submission washing over me.

As he got up and began to change, a sense of unease settled over me like a heavy shroud. His possessive gesture, wrapping an arm around my shoulder, sent a chill down my spine, reminding me of the underlying power dynamic that governed our relationship. His words only added to my discomfort. "I might as well escort you to Val's office" he remarked casually, his tone carrying a hint of anticipation. "I'm sure he's got a busy day planned for you". The implication hung in the air, leaving me feeling uneasy and apprehensive about what awaited me in Valentino's office. Despite my reluctance, I knew that resisting his authority would only lead to further trouble. With a forced smile, I nodded in acquiescence, silently bracing myself for the challenges that lay ahead. As Vox led me towards Valentino's office, the weight of uncertainty pressed heavily upon me, a reminder of the precarious balance I walked between desire and obedience in this twisted world.

As we approached Val's office, the distant sound of raised voices echoed through the hallway, signaling that all was not well inside. With a sense of trepidation, Vox pushed open the door, revealing Val in the midst of a furious tirade, his anger palpable in the air. Before I could react, Val's rage boiled over, and he hurled an object in our direction with reckless abandon. Vox reacted quickly, dodging out of the way, but I wasn't fast enough. The object struck me squarely in the head with a sickening thud, sending waves of pain radiating through my skull. Staggering backward, I clutched my head in agony, the room spinning around me as I struggled to regain my bearings. Val's tirade continued unabated, the words blending together into a cacophony of anger and frustration. As I fought to stay upright, a sense of helplessness washed over me, a stark reminder of the dangers that lurked in this unpredictable world. With Vox's concerned voice echoing in my ears, I knew that navigating the turbulent waters of Val's volatile mood would require all the resilience and determination I could muster today.