Chapter 5 : Do We Have A Deal?

As the first rays of dawn come through the curtains, I stir from my sleep, still trying to shake off the remnants of my dreams. The events of the previous day linger in my mind. Suddenly, a voice shattered the silence, sending a jolt of unease through my body. Turning towards the doorway, I saw him standing there, a figure cloaked in crimson. "Good morning, my dear guest", his voice crackled like an old radio, filling the room with an eerie atmosphere. His presence made me extremely unsettled. I couldn't take my eyes off him, fixed on his unusual appearance. His eyes glowed a deep, penetrating red, which pieced into my soul. His red bob of hair framed his face, while two pointy fluffy ears were on top of his head, accompanied by two small black antlers. He introduced himself as Alastor, the radio demon, he was one of the people, Charlie didn't get a chance to introduce me too yesterday. He wore a wide grin, that never ceased, casting a sinister shadow over his otherwise, charismatic self.

After Alastor's unsettling yet intriguing introduction, he bid me farewell and vanished into the shadows. I get up off the bed, take a deep breath and turn to the full – length mirror that stands in the corner of the room. Curious to catch a look at my appearance. Everyone looks so unique down here, I'm going to assume I have a different form down here, not human looking. As I stood by the mirror, I was met by a sight that fascinated and perplexed me. The figure staring back at me, revealed a figure in black ripped jeans and matching black crop top, not a shock, that's what I last remember I was wearing. Next, I noticed my feline features, the black was a sharp contrast to my beige fur, two fluffy ears twitched at the top of my head, their tips adorned with a cascade of gold earrings. A tail swayed from behind me, dark hair cascaded around my face, framing features that seemed familiar, yet foreign. Two small black horns protruded from my head, adding another touch of otherworldly allure to my presence. As if being a bloody cat wasn't enough! The tail is pretty funky though.

Leaving the confines of my room behind, a sense of adventure pulsed through me, a new found confidence. With determination in my step, I made my way towards the exit, eager to explore the pentagram, in the security of daylight. As I emerge into the open air, the sight that greeted me was mesmerising. Who knew, in the daytime, hell looks kinda beautiful, from this angle at least. I started walking through the maze of streets, unsure of where I'm going. Lost in my surroundings, I scarcely noticed the figure that approached me until I crashed into it. Turning, I find myself face to face with Vox once again, his presence casting a shadow over me. "Well, well, well, if it isn't our elusive guest form last night", Vox remarked, his voice dripping with amusement and a smile planted on his face. "You slipped away quite skilfully, didn't you?". My heart skips a beat at his words, the sense of dread from the night before, returning. With a forced smile, I meet his gaze, not wanting to show my fear.

Before I could respond, Vox leaned in closer, his voice lowering to a whisper. "I won't tell Valentino about our little encounter" he said, his tone rich with mischief. "But I do expect something in return". I held my breath while I brace myself for his demand. With a sense of surrender, I nodded, urging him to continue. "I want you to spend some time with me later", he declared, his eyes gleaming. "Just a little... one on one, getting to know each other". A chill ran down my spine and I could feel my cheeks flush at the request. Why the fuck does he want to get to know me more, can't be a good thing. As I weighed my options up, I knew this was better than Valentino finding out. With a large sigh, I nodded "Deal" I replied, the words tasting sour on my tongue. "But you better keep up you end of the fucking deal, Vox". He smirked in response "So, where are you staying?" he inquired, his tone laced with curiosity. "Why do you need to know?" I snap back at him, unease eating away at me.

His eyes show a glint of annoyance, "So, I know where to come pick you up from tonight, I've noticed you don't have a phone and you don't know where you're going" he retorts, clearly not impressed by my attitude. "The Hazbin Hotel", I cautiously state, his expression darkens and his left eye opened wider, sporting black lines that spread outwards. "The Hazbin Hotel you say?" he muttered; his tone tinged with distain. His demeanour shifted again, his gaze locking onto mine "I will come to collect you later. We have unfinished business, you and I. I will be there around 6". A shiver ran down my spine at those words and the weight of the deal hung in the air like storm clouds. I nodded in reluctant agreement and turn from him, ending my day of exploring sooner than anticipated, but not wanting another interaction like that.