Chapter 28: Shopping Time

I blink groggily as I slowly emerge from the depths of sleep, the persistent poking sensation pulling me back to consciousness. With a yawn, I turn my head to find Velvette standing over me, a mischievous grin playing on her lips. "Rise and shine, sleepyhead", she chirps, her voice laced with amusement. "Vox told me you're off work for a bit and could use some company while he's stuck in meetings today". I nod, rubbing the sleep from my eyes as I sit up, grateful for the interruption but still feeling the remnants of fatigue clinging to me. "That's nice of him", I murmur, glancing around the room to get my bearings. Velvette chuckles, flopping down on the sofa beside me. "Well, you know Vox", she says with a shrug. "Always looking out for his favorite people", I smile at her teasing tone. "So, what's on the agenda for today?" Velvette asks, her eyes sparkling with curiosity. "Any plans for us to wreak havoc while Vox is busy?". I laugh at her suggestion, feeling a sense of anticipation bubbling within me. "Who knows?" I reply with a playful grin. "But with you by my side, I'm sure we'll find something to keep us entertained".

"Hey, why don't we go shopping?", Velvette suggests, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "We can use Vox's credit card. He won't mind, especially since he's the one who said you need some time off". I hesitate, feeling a pang of nervousness at the thought of using Vox's card without his explicit permission. "I don't know..." I trail off, unsure if I should accept the offer. Velvette nudges me playfully. "Come on, it'll be fun!, I take his card all the time!" she insists, flashing me a reassuring smile. "We'll just pick out a few things, nothing too extravagant. And besides, it's not like he needs it right now". I consider her words for a moment, the temptation of a shopping spree outweighing my apprehension. "Okay, let's do it", I agree finally, a smile spreading across my face. "But let's keep it modest, alright?".

As we step into the department store, the vibrant displays of clothing catch my eye, each piece more alluring than the last. I quickly shoot a text to Vox, feeling a bit guilty about using his card without his direct permission, but his response puts my mind at ease. "He says it's fine", I relay to Velvette with a mischievous grin, "as long as I try everything on for him later". I can't help but add a playful wink, imagining Vox's reaction to my message. Velvette chuckles, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "Ooh, sounds like he's in for a treat", she teases, nudging me playfully. "Let's make sure to pick out some really enticing outfits, then". With that, we dive into the racks of clothing, eager to indulge in some well-deserved retail therapy.

As we navigate through the bustling aisles of the department store, Velvette and I find ourselves immersed in a whirlwind of fabrics, colors, and styles. She flits from one rack to the next, expertly selecting pieces that catch her eye, each one more daring and provocative than the last. As she holds up a particularly daring ensemble—a sleek, form-fitting dress with strategic cutouts and a plunging neckline—her eyes dance with mischief. "What do you think?", she asks with a playful grin, already imagining the look on Vox's face when he sees me in it. I can't help but laugh at her audacity, but the thought of Vox's reaction sends a shiver of anticipation down my spine. "I think he'll definitely approve", I reply with a sly smile, already picturing the scene playing out in my mind.

Velvette's eyes sparkle with mischief as she holds up another outfit, a daring ensemble, a tantalizing creation that leaves little to the imagination. The outfit consists of a sheer black bodysuit adorned with intricate lace detailing, its plunging neckline and high-cut sides showcasing every curve with unabashed confidence. Delicate straps crisscross over the back, adding an extra touch of allure to the already provocative design. As she twirls the garment in her hands, a mischievous grin spreads across her lips, her gaze flickering with anticipation. "What about this one?" she asks, her voice laced with playful intrigue. "I know it's a bit risqué, but think of it as a reward for Vox for letting us have some fun with his card". I can't help but feel a flutter of nerves at the sight of the daring outfit, my cheeks flushing with a mix of excitement and apprehension. The sheer fabric and intricate lace detailing exude a sensual elegance that both entices and intimidates me, igniting a thrilling sense of adventure that I can't resist. With a hesitant smile, I nod my agreement, my heart racing with anticipation as I imagine the reaction it will elicit from Vox. Despite my initial reservations, I find myself drawn to the allure of stepping outside my comfort zone, embracing the opportunity to explore a new side of myself under Velvette's guidance.

Velvette's eyes light up with excitement as she spots a pair of tall purple heeled boots, their sleek design catching her eye with their bold color and striking silhouette. "Oh, these are perfect!", she exclaims, her voice brimming with enthusiasm. "I've been working on an outfit that these would match perfectly with. It's going to be absolutely killer!". With a confident stride, she makes her way over to the display, her fingers trailing over the smooth surface of the boots as she admires their sleek design. "I simply have to get them", she declares, her gaze alight with determination. "They're just what I need to bring my vision to life". I can't help but smile at her infectious enthusiasm, feeling a surge of excitement as I imagine the stunning ensemble she's envisioning. "They're gorgeous", I agree, nodding in approval. "I'm sure they'll definitely add that extra touch of flair to your outfit. You should definitely get them".

As we peruse the racks of clothing, Velvette pauses, turning to me with a mischievous glint in her eye. "Hey, why don't you pick something this time?" she suggests, a playful smirk tugging at the corners of her lips. "I've been doing all the choosing so far. It's your turn to shine and show off your impeccable fashion sense". I chuckle nervously, feeling the weight of her expectation resting on my shoulders. "I'm not sure I have impeccable fashion sense", I admit with a sheepish grin. "But I'll give it a shot". With a newfound sense of determination, I set out to select an outfit that not only complements Vox's attire but also reflects my own personal style. "Alright, darling", Velvette says with a mischievous glint in her eye, "What are we looking for? Something to match Vox's dapper style, perhaps?". I nod, a smile tugging at the corners of my lips. "Exactly. I want something that complements his suit".

As we navigate through the store, Velvette points out various options, each one more vibrant and eye-catching than the last. "How about this?" she suggests, holding up a sleek cyan blouse adorned with intricate navy blue embroidery. "It's bold, just like Vox's style, and the colors would complement his suit perfectly". I examine the blouse, running my fingers over the delicate stitching and admiring the way the fabric catches the light. "It's beautiful", I murmur, a smile tugging at the corners of my lips. "But do you think it's too much? I don't want to overshadow Vox". Velvette shakes her head, her expression confident. "Trust me, you could never overshadow Vox, that man loves to be the centre of attention and usually is" she assures me with a playful wink. "But this blouse? It'll make you stand out in all the right ways. Plus, I can already picture you rocking it with those navy trousers over there". I follow her gaze to a nearby display, where a pair of tailored navy trousers catches my eye. Paired with the cyan blouse, they create a striking ensemble that exudes confidence and sophistication. "You're right", I concede, feeling a surge of excitement at the prospect of wearing such a bold outfit. "Let's go for it".

We pay for our purchases and step out of the store, our arms laden with bags of new clothes. The familiar aroma of freshly brewed coffee beckons us, and we decide to indulge in a quick pick-me-up before heading back to Vox's home. As we enter the café, the warmth of the cozy atmosphere envelops us, and we take a moment to relax and unwind over our steaming cups of coffee. Conversation flows effortlessly between us, filled with laughter and shared anecdotes. Before leaving, I grab an extra cup of coffee to go, knowing Vox enjoys his caffeine fix. When we arrive at Vox's home, he's already waiting for us, his presence exuding a sense of warmth and familiarity. Velvette offers her goodbye with a hug, leaving me to present the coffee to Vox. "Hey, Vox", I say with a grin, holding out the cup. "Thought you might need a caffeine fix after all your meetings today". Vox's eyes light up with appreciation as he accepts the coffee. "You're a lifesaver", he says, taking a sip. "Thanks. Always looking out for me, huh?". I shrug modestly, feeling a sense of satisfaction at being able to brighten his day. "Just returning the favor, it's the least I could do after getting Velvette to come spend time with me today and letting me use your card!" I reply with a smile, content in the knowledge that even the smallest gestures can make a difference.