Chapter Sixty Three

Simon breathed deeply after placing the newspaper on top of the table. He turned his gaze towards the direction to Alexander's room looking worried. He can already imagine the look on his brother's face once he sees what is written on the newspaper's front page and it made him shook his head.

He stared at his coffee mug for some time then back at the newspaper. He knows his brother wouldn't take this very well. He knows Alexander has feelings for Jordin, and this would definitely break his heart. He bit the inside of his lip as he remembered that night when Jordin left. He was mad at her. He treated her like family; like a younger sister he didn't have. He took her in and took care of her. It was a real shock to him that after all those times they had lived together she had kept her real identity to him. Jordin is not a stray and she is in fact, a lost heiress. Knowing all of it made him feel stupid. She made him feel stupid. After all that he has done for her she did.

Still, some part of him misses her. Yes, she lied. But then, he felt that all of the things she had also done for him were genuine. He thought that somehow, it was hard for her too. Somehow he is amazed on how she could cook and clean and do the laundry. She probably did the things that she wasn't used to do. Not all elite people can do household chores but she tried because that was his condition. Somehow it also made him feel a little guilty. If only he had known.

He still hates her, but not as much as that night when he finally knew who she really is. He thought that maybe she also had her reasons, and it made him feel so selfish to not even listen.

Then a thought hit him. It's been awhile since she'd been gone and not even once she attempted to reach for him through texts or even a call. But what does he expect? He pushed her away and he could still remember the look in her eyes when he told her to leave. It really must have hurt her. It was obvious that Jordin has feelings for him but he only pretended not to notice. It was better than telling Jordin he has no feelings towards her. And it was also clearly obvious to him that it was his brother who loves her.

From the moment he came back from his business trip he noticed how Alexander and Jordin became close and comfortable with each other. He took notice on how Alexander looks at her and make her happy and how sometimes Jordin covers up for Alexander when he has done something he clearly disapprove. He noticed it all and since then, he suspected that maybe there's something going on between the two of them. And it was during that night that all of his suspicions were given an answer. After he turned his back to Jordin and went to his room he heard their conversation. Simon heard it when Alexander confessed his feelings for her and all the bitterness he felt towards the closeness he and Jordin had. And after all he had said Jordin didn't even answered him back.

He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed deeply. He knows that he and Alexander didn't get along very well but he's still his brother and he loves him. He has to do something.

He finished his coffee and took the newspaper with him. He grabbed his car keys and went out hastily. He wants answers, and he knows where he could get it.

A/N:

Hello! I kinda miss Simon, did you guys miss him too? :D 

Anyway, thanks for reading and for patiently waiting for this update. I hope you'd stay with me 'til the end. ;) Please do leave out comments and vote. I will deeply appreciate it. ;)

xoxo,

Katie