Chapter Forty Seven

Alexander followed Mia outside the restaurant. It didn't shock him when she didn't went straight towards the restrooms, he knew exactly what she'll do. And he's right. He had found her standing at the side of her car lighting up a cigarette.

"I didn't know you still smoke."

Mia was startled with his voice that she almost dropped her lighter. But as soon as she saw him, she looked relieved. "You scared me, Xander."

Alexander lit a cigarette for himself, "Sorry." He grinned. "You look beautiful tonight by the way." He told her honestly.

Mia looked at him with a smile, "Thank you for noticing, your brother hasn't." She gave out a bitter laugh.

"I'm sure he did." Alexander answered.

"I doubt that. He only had his eyes on Jordin." Mia puffed her cigarette and breathed out a huge amount of smoke.

"He isn't--"

"And Jordin, sweet and innocent Jordin.. Who knew everything about Simon more than I do.." Mia scoffed, "He doesn't eat medium rare meat, he doesn't drink wine before meals.." She mimicked Amity, "She made me look stupid!"

"Mia, it's been a long time. Maybe there are things about Simon that had changed." Alexander told her.

Mia looked like she was about to cry and she bit her lip. "I feel like Simon cares for her more than me." She croaked, "And it hurts. It hurts to know that I have to share him with her. It just doesn't feel right."

"Simon loves you, Mia. You know that."

"I know, I know. But, I couldn't share Simon with her you know? I love your brother, and I want him just to be mine. Did you see how comfortable they are with each other? I don't think I could keep up with that." Mia looked dismayed and shook her head. "That girl even made me feel like she knows him better than me. I'm Simon's girlfriend but she made me look stupid."

Alexander caught Mia's last sentence and he looked at her questioningly. "You and Simon had gotten back together?"

"Yes, we did. Since last week." Mia answered looking a bit calm, "That's the reason why we're having this dinner. So we could tell you guys about it."

Alexander looked a bit pained but tried to hide it. "I'm happy for the both of you."

Mia turned to him and gave him a smile, "Thanks, Xander. I hope this time it would be for forever. You know how much I love your brother, and you know how much I've wished for you to be my little baby brother. I still have that same wish until now." She held his cheeks.

"But Jordin, I think she likes him. I can see it in her eyes, she has feelings for Simon." Mia's face turned angry.

"Mia you're wrong.."

"You may not see it, but I'm a girl. And I know how a girl is like when she likes someone. How they act when they have feelings for someone. How competitive they become when they're threatened because of another girl's presence. And that's what I see in Jordin a while ago. It's very obvious."

Alexander went silent, he didn't know what to say. But Mia is somehow right about the things she just said, and he knows it himself.

"I love your brother, Xander. And I don't think I could take it if he'll walk out of my life again.."

Alexander looked at Mia and saw tears streaming on her face. He grabbed her by the shoulders and wrapped her in a tight hug. Mia hugged him back and suddenly, everything felt good.

"Hush now, Mia.. She will not take Simon away from you.. I swear my brother loves you.. Stop crying now.. Sshh.." He told her whispering in her ears. They hugged for awhile and Mia let go as soon as she stopped crying.

"Xander, promise me. Whatever happens you won't let her take Simon away from me." Mia looked at him seriously and he nodded. "Promise me."

"I promise." He told her sincerely.

Mia tried to smile, "Thank you, Xander.." She kissed him on the cheek. "We better get back inside, they're waiting for us. I'll go freshen up a bit on the restroom, you go straight ahead on our table."

"Okay." He answered.

"Xander, don't forget your promise. It would really make me happy." Mia reminded him.

Alexander smiled, "I will."