Chapter Twenty Four

Franco instructed all of his students to wait outside the studio while he and Elise examined their paintings one by one. Therese paced back and forth while Amity fidgeted with her fingers, both of them looked nervous. The other students also looked hopeful and tensed at the same time. After an hour, their mentor called all of them inside.

There were three covered paintings in front of the class when they went inside. Franco and Elise welcomed all of them as they arrived.

Oh my God, this is it.. I hope one of them is mine.. Amity thought to herself as her heart continuously fluttered with anticipation.

"I think I'm going to puke.. My stomach is churning.." Therese whispered to her looking sick.

"Hush!" She whispered back.

"So," Franco spoke, "Elise and I had carefully scrutinized all of your work and we've come to choose these three." Franco gestured his hand towards the three covered canvases in front of them. "We both agreed that among all of the paintings, the messages of the artists who made them reached the deepest corners of our hearts. We had actually felt the strong connection between the artists thoughts converting it to a colorful, detailed painting with the use of their paintbrush and fine strokes and in turn making it a message in the form of art. But it doesn't mean that they're the only ones who did good. All of you have done well in this craft, and we would like you guys to know that Elise and I highly appreciate and consider them to be a fine painter's work." Franco continued looking at each of their faces with an acknowledging smile on his face. Elise nodded with agreement.

Therese took Amity's hand and held it tightly, Amity looked at her friend and returned her grip. "This is it." Amity mouthed to Therese.

"Elise, will you do the honor?" Franco gave Elise the spotlight.

"Okay, for the first painting.." Elise touched the edge of the cloth covering the first canvas and in the act of uncovering it. Amity held her breath.

"Mikael Ramos's Innocence." Elise showed the first uncovered painting of a naked woman with her sensitive parts covered with a black cloth. The woman's hair was long and flowing covering half of her face and eyes that look downward. All of them looked at Mikael with amazement and congratulated him.

"For the second painting, Therese Miguel's Untainted Beauty."

Therese shrieked and hugged her tight. "Oh my God Amity! I made it!"

Amity hugged her back, "I told you.. Yours is beautiful.." She half smiled. She's happy for her friend but she cannot hide a little feeling of envy. It's now left for the last spot and her name isn't called yet. Amity suddenly felt hopeless.

"And now, for the final painting that we will reveal.." Elise looked at all of them with a playful smile. "This is actually our first chosen painting. The moment we laid eyes on this one, Franco and I, we couldn't help not to be mesmerized. The details, the color, the strokes, all are very expressive.."

Amity began to feel a little light headed and felt like she was about to cry. That's it.. I lost it.. I blew it.. My painting's no good..

"..And this painting showed the true meaning of love." Elise continued. Amity closed her eyes and she hadn't expected what she heard next. "Jordin Garcia's Unconditional Love."