Chapter Forty Nine

The dinner went smoothly, so to speak. Mia is definitely a good actress, it's as if nothing happened between her and Amity. While Amity, on the other hand, kept quiet all throughout. Not even trying to fake a smile or tell a joke. She just sat there still, just listening and pretending to eat even if she had already lost her appetite. She has to look okay, keep cool, for Simon and nothing else. She was crushed, broken. The last thing she would ever want is for them to see that she was wretched.

There are moments though that she can feel Alexander throwing her stares, and Mia's dagger looks every time Simon talks to her to say something even if it's just for a brief moment. She just want this night to end and go home, back to her bed and be alone. She's tired of everything.

When it was finally time to go, Simon gave Alexander his car keys and told them he'll drive Mia home and that they'll use her car. Alexander took it with Simon reminding him to drive carefully. They said their goodbyes and Mia even planted a kiss on Amity's cheek before they separate ways. Amity couldn't help not to spite.

During their whole drive with Alexander on the wheel the both of them are dead silent. Amity doesn't have the urge to even speak, a lot of things are running in her head and she thought maybe that's even the reason of her sudden headache, she doesn't know. She's hoping Alexander wouldn't talk to her, that would be better. She had her head turned towards the car window and kept her stare outside while Alexander frequently glanced at her while driving. He clearly knew she is avoiding him.

After an hour they had reached the condominium building and Amity walked ahead of Alexander, she even wanted to make a run for her room, lock herself up, bury her face in a pillow and cry. At least now she can cry all she want without anyone seeing her and look at her like she's totally miserable.

Alexander followed her keeping up with her pace but made sure he's a few steps behind. He thought of talking to her once they're inside the condo unit to ensure their privacy. He saw her open the door and enter the unit and he dashed inside seeing Amity walking straight to her room.

"You should've not done that you know." He voiced out before she could reach her bedroom door. Amity took a sharp turn to face him.

"What are you talking about?" She asked with creased eyebrows. What had she done now?

"Those things awhile ago at the restaurant, with you and Simon acting sweet and all not even minding Mia's presence. You made her feel like you know Simon more better than her and it had hurt her. You could've been a little more sensitive." Alexander told her sounding a little accusing. Amity looked stunned, disbelief strewn all over her face and shook her head in dismay.

"I don't believe this.." She kept on shaking her head, "I can't believe you're saying these things to me.."

"I saw how you and Simon act comfortable with each other even if there are other people around. He was seated beside his girlfriend but it was you who had his attention. If you're in her place what would you think you will feel about it too huh?"

Amity smiled at him bitterly as tears welled up in her eyes. "Do you think I did it all intentionally? Is that what you think of me?"

"All I know is that you're blinded by your feelings towards my brother and I can see that you are trying very hard to take his attention away from Mia, and making Mia feel that you know him better than her is a slap on her face."

Amity laughed sarcastically, "Wow, so now you think I'm evil? Like I want to snatch her Simon away from her? Did she also tell you to talk to me and tell me to stay the hell away from Simon? Is that how desperate she is to make me leave?" Alexander went speechless, he looked stricken by what he had heard.