Competition part III

They were taken to the hospital by an ambulance.

Doctors examined them. Vi has strained his leg. Ro didn’t have any internal bleedings. Doctor said they have to be in the hospital until the next day. They were instructed to get rest.

"Virat, we should inform others" Ro suggested

"Yeah call Mahi bhai"

Ro called him and he picked the call in single ring

"Where are you two Rohit. Is Vi with you?" Mahi asked

"Mahi sir" Ro explain the incident except Vi's idea for race.

"Stay in the hospital. We are coming" he hanged up

"I think he is angry with us" Ro said to Vi

"I’m sorry Ro everything happened because of me"

"We both are at fault. Its not just you. Lets get prepared for a earful from them"

Mahi came with Yuvi and Dada. They didn’t say anything to them. At least not in the hospital. Next afternoon they were discharged.

Dada talked with Mahi before leaving.

"Mahi, I know this is a lot but don’t be harsh"

"I know Dada but they are still young. If they continue to act like this I don’t know what will happen. And don’t look at me like that. I know I was a brat too. Wait actually its Yuvi. But this is a lot to take" Mahi started to babble.

"Mahiya… you don’t have to take their responsibilities anymore. And don’t feel guilty. You have full power to make a decision" Dada ruffled his hair and left.

Mahi ask Ro and Vi to meet him at the team room. They reached after a few minutes. They both looked tired. Doctor has instructed them to take rest.

"Are you going to explain what happened or do I need to wait more"
He asked seeing no one is speaking

"Bhai its my fault" Vi started

"No sir I…" Mahi showed his palm to Ro. Indicating him to stop. Vi continued

"I took him out to race with me. I wanted to prove him I’m a better bike racer than him. If you want to punish us. You can punish me"

"This is not a small problem Virat. You played with players security. What if something happened? I would have to answer to the board. I’m sorry for doing this I have to expel you. You can leave tomorrow. Take a rest today"

Mahi looked at the expressions of Vi. There was no regret.

"I will leave Bhai. Let Ro stay. He is like it here"

Vi leave the team room

"Mahi sir. I’m also leaving" Ro said after Vi left

"I’m not punishing you"

"I came here with him. I did everything together with him. Yes we had some fights but I cant imagine my days here without him. Thank you for everything sir" He also left.

Mahi smiled thinking that they acted the same way he predicted.

Ro saw Vi is packing his stuff.

"What are you doing?"

"I’m packing. I have to leave"

"Its not I its we" Ro sat on Vi's bed

"Rohit"

"What? You thought I will stay here without you?"

"But. You have a great future in cricket Ro"

"You too Vi. Now stop packing lets take a sleep. I’m exhausted from all these incidents. We can pack in the morning"
Vi came and sat on his bed.