Boots

(your pov)

"Aw cutie." Mitsuki grins, looking down at the snow white cat in front of her.

"Aww, it so cute." I agree.

We're at an animal shelter, looking at cats and dogs. Why? No clue. But it's fun!

"What do you think about this kitten? It's sooo adorable, right?" I call her over to a particular cage, a black and white kitten sleeping inside.

The cat opens it's eyes and blinks, it's bright blue eyes seem to enlarge by the second. It mews, sitting up to come sniff my hand, which I'm currently holding up to the cage.

"It's so cute! We should get it!" Mitsuki suggests excitedly.

"What?" I whirl around to look at her. "We can't! I mean, well, we could. But like we don't have the money to own a cat right?"

"But we do." Mitsuki blinks at me. "We literally do."

"...Do we? I actually haven't thought about it until now." I pause.

"We do! I was thinkin about it the other day, so that's why I wanted to come here." She smiles triumphantly.

"Alright, let's get the cat." I sigh, smiling. I do really love the kitten for some reason.

"Yay!" Mitsuki cheers.

"Are you thinking of adopting this one?" A voice behind us asks.

"Yeah that's right, we- Keiji?" I blink.

"Y/n?" He blinks in surprise. "What are you doing here? Wait why are you getting a cat? That's so irresponsible!"

"Hold up, Y/n you know this guy?" Mitsuki asks, looking bewildered.

"Yeah? I told you about him..." I frown.

"Wait. That's who you're dating?" She raises her eyebrows, looking him up and down and letting out a low whistle.

"Well we're not dating." I sigh, side eyeing Keiji.

"Yet." He promises, looking at me.

"Yeah because someone hasn't asked me to be his frickin girlfriend yet." I pout.

"I'm planning something. I told you that!" He laughs, ruffling my hair.

"Y/n come here for a sec?" Mitsuki grabs me and pulls me to the side.

"Ah! Mitsu- Ow! What?"

"Don't you fucking dare lose him okay?" She whispers fiercely. "He's hot and I'm pretty sure his family is rich."

"What? Well yeah, I wasn't planning on losing him but like- I already know all that!" I tell her. "Now come onnnnn."

"Ah! Y/n! Ow! Bitch!"

"I'm just repaying the favour." I shrug, a shit eating grin on my face.

"Y/n what are you doing? Why are you getting a cat?" Keiji sighs, grabbing my shoulder to look me in the eyes.

My shit eating grin has tragically left the building.

"Because we can?" I try.

"...That's stupid and you know it." He sighs.

"But like we can!" I protest.

"Oh I'm not saying don't get the cat, I'm saying I don't think you really should be but if it makes you happy then whatever." He shrugs. "Get the cat. I'll help pay if you need."

"Wait what actually?" I blink in surprise.

"Yeah sure." He says. "Go get it. I can't exactly stop you either way."

"Thank youuu."

We got the cat. Her name is Boots. We fucking love Boots.

"So why did we get a cat again?"

"Lowkey think we were both high."

"Why did I let you is the question..."

i unfortunately dont have a cat named boots nor will i be getting one i just thought it would be funny
did it end up being funny? no.
do i like it anyways? fuck yeah.

have a good day/night☄️

baibai🫶