Love at first word

photographer x poet AU

I'm strolling through the moonlit woods when I see him, the perfect boy, taking photos with his fancy camera, he radiates cool calm.

I'm taking pictures in the moonlit woods when I see her, the perfect girl, bright warm eyes and a tiny smile, she radiates warmth.

(your pov)

I stroll through the moonlit woods, humming a quiet tune as my feet crunch on fallen leaves and twigs. The air around me seems to waver, the cool spring night calm and peaceful. Crickets chirp and squirrel scuttle from tree to tree, but my favourite sound is the owl hooting in the distance.

As I near a clearing, I catch sight of a boy. He's beautiful. His raven hair falling perfectly onto his forhead, his pretty features crinkling in focused precision. He's taking a photo, presumably of a flower being illuminated by the moonlight.

I've never been the type to speak out or engage in conversation daily but something about this mysterious photographer boy makes me want to talk. How strange.

He looks up as I approach, seeming startled by my sudden appearance. Fair enough, I suppose. He looks up at me with wide gunmetal blue eyes, they look like pools of dark
water, swirling together.
We stare at each other for a moment, captivated in the other's eyes. I'm not sure why he'd like my eyes, though. They're boringly brown. His are beautifully blue.

"Hello..."

(akaashi pov)

I hear myself speak before I realise I actually did it. The girl appeared out of no where, but for some reason I wasn't scared. Just a little surprised. She's so captivating, her eyes are this warm brown, like melting caramel mixed with chocolate. They're so beautiful, so sweet, so kind. She's looking down at me as I crouch on the grassy floor, frozen in the middle of taking a picture.

"Hello." She replies.

God, her voice...

Her voice is warm, so so warm, like a hug. So sweet, like dripping honey.

"What's your name?" I find myself asking

"Y/n, and you?" She replies with a soft smile.

"Keiji." I reply, then realise I accidently told her my first name and not my family name.

"Nice to meet you, Keiji-san." She smiles.

Her smile...

It's the type of smile that would make any boy want to do anything for her, the type to make any boy fall. I wonder how I got so lucky to see it? I'd do anything for it again.

"You too, Y/n-chan." I smile, then add: "You can lose the "san", I don't mind."

"You too." She nods, glancing at the screen of my camera. "Are you a photographer?"

"It's just a hobby." I shrug, feeling a small smile come onto my face. I love talking about photography.

"Can I see? Your pictures, I mean." She gives me that sweet smile again and I feel my heart beat a second faster.

Damn, do I have butterflies right now?

"Sure." I smile at her, patting the ground next to me.

She sits down next to me and looks over my shoulder as I scroll through thw pictures I took tonight. She gives a small comment, a quiet compliment at each picture.
Every word I fall a little more, every sound a little more in love I become.

"That's so beautiful..." She says, a small, awe-struck smile on her pretty face.

"Thank you." I feel myself grin, relishing in her praise.

"How did you get into photography?" She asks, her voice like a lullaby to me.

"My dad, he was a professional photographer for most his life. He's retired now though." I say. "He still comes to take pictures with me occasionally, so that's nice."

"Oh that's wonderful!" She exclaims. "That's so sweet that you take pictures with your dad like that."

"Yeah, I love photography now because of him." I smile. "Also it made that one photography unit in middle school art class really easy."

"You had that unit too?" She asks. " God, I both hated and loved that unit."

"Oh? Why's that?" I ask, curious.

"Taking pictures was fun, but I only ever did it alone since my friends all hated the unit." She shrugged. "Also I'm not really the artsy type, I write."

"Really? What kind of things do you write?" I ask.

"Poetry mostly, but I write some short stories occasionally." She tells me, a goofy smile on her face. "Romance usually."

"Oh that's nice! You seem like the poetry type." I muse.

"Really? What's that supposed to mean?" She asks, a playful teasing in her tone.

"You seem kind of, poetic? I dunno, like the pretty literature girl." I shrug. "I don't know how to explain."

"It kind makes sense, like I get what you're trying to say." She says thoughtfully. "But I'm not that pretty."

"What? Liar." I scoff, eyeing her. "You're so pretty!"

"Don't flatter me." She chuckles. "I'm not."

"Like hell you aren't." I frown, grabbing her hands. "You are so so so pretty you don't even understand."

"K-Keiji..."

"Oh, sorry Y/n." I freeze, realising what I did. I move to let go of her when she moves closer.

"You have such long eyelashes." She murmurs, cupping the side of my face gently.

She's so close...

Screw it, I can't help it anymore

I move forward slightly, lining up my lips to hers, giving her the time to pull away.

She doesn't.

"Keiji..."

My name sounds so good when she says it...

"Say that again."

"Keiji."

My lips are mere inches away from hers, I can geel her warm breath on my lips.

"Keiji..."

"Yes love?"

"K-kiss me."

I press my lips against hers without a second thought, wrapping my hands around her waist and pulling her closer. She snakes an arm around my neck, keeps her other hand on my cheek. She feels so warm jn my arms, every part she's touching me feels like fire...

We pull apart, much to my disaapointment. I don't have to be dissapointed for long though.

"I think I love you." She whispers. "Is that weird? Keiji I think I'm sick. How have I fallen for you when I only just met you?"

"If you're sick I must be completely diseased." I say affectionately. "I fell for you the moment I heard your voice. And I doubt I'll fall out of love any time soon."

"Me neither Keiji."

"Me neither."

im cutting it off here because it was getting LONG (1100 words), for some reason it kept getting a lil spicy like i almost wrote a suggestive ending but i wanna keep this fluff sooo yall dont get that today hehe

have a good day/night🪐

baibai🫶