Prom pt.2

(your pov)

"This is wayy more decorated than I expected it to be." I comment, walking in with my wonderful date.

"Honestly, I thought it would be a lot more lame than this." Akaashi said.

"Hey Keiji, let's go dance!" I grinned, dragging him over to the dance floor.

"Let's do it." He gives me a warm smile, holding my hand as we thread our way through the crowd of angsty hormornal teenagers.

The music is blasting, the led lights are flashing blue, red, green. I can smell the scent of sweaty high school kids, coupled with stuffy perfume and store bought pizza that's been left out an hour too long. The thought of it wouldn't normally excite me. The idea of dancing on a crowded dance floor, squished between many bodies wouldn't normally entice me.

So why now?

"Y/n, love?" Akaashi breaks me out of my thoughts. "Let's dance?"

"Of course!" I feel myself grin, take his hand and let him spin me around and I wonder when I fell for him. I wonder why I fell for him so hard. I wonder why I've suddenly become such a hopeless romantic.

And yet it feels so good to dance, twirl in his arms, feel his hands at my waist.

"Keiji." I adress him mid spin.

"What is it love?" He catches me before I fall.

"Let's get out of here, shall we?" I look him in the eye.

"Let's go." A wide grin breaks out across his face.

The wind blows across my face, I wonder what it thinks?

Akaashi and I are sitting on the roof alone, I dangle my legs off the edge, praying I don't fall. I can feel the wind tousling my hair, I feel the warm breeze tickle my face.

"It's so peaceful up here." I sigh, leaning back on my hands.

"I agree, much nicer than the noise." Akaashi says.

I can hear the loud music blaring in the background, I can hear the cheers and laughter of the crowd.

"We should dance." Akaashi says suddenly.

"Huh?"

"I mean, it is prom after all." He says. "And I liked dancing with you."

"Let's do it then."

How wonderful to be here with you...

Akaashi spins me around, catching me with his arm as I twirl to his other side. I hear the faint music change to a slow romantic song and we switch to a slow dance.

"I love this." I murmur.

"I do too." He whispers, our voices suddenly too loud for the moment.

"I wish I could dance with you forever." I sigh contentedly.

"Me too. We should do this more often." He smiles down at me, pulling me closer as we near the edge. We move the other direction.

"We should."

We dance in a comfortable silence for a while, enjoying the quiet moment. As the slow song comes to an end, Akaashi pulls me into a warm embrace. I lean into him, relishing the feeling of his strong arms wrapping around me. I bury my face in his chest, breathe in his warm vanilla scent, clutch onto his dress shirt with my hands. He'd taken of his suit jacket before.

God was I blessed for that descision.

"You're so warm." He murmurs into my hair, I feel him lay a gentle kiss on my head.

"You're warmer." I say, my voice muffled.

"You smell so good." He says, I hear him chuckle.

"What? You're one who smells good!" I pull my face away to look at him.

He smiles down at me with a soft laugh.

"Impossible."

"You're so pretty." I say randomly. It's all I can think.

"No way you just said that." He wrinkles his nose comically. "You're literally so gorgeous."

"You're wayy prettier than me." I laugh, skeptical.

"Literally impossible." He shakes his head. "You look like a freaking goddess."

"And you look like a freaking god!" I shoot back.

"Are you kidding?" He looks baffled. "I refuse to accept that."

"Whatcha going to do about it huh?" I raise an eyebrow playfully.

"Anything you want me too, love." He smirks.

"Well I want a kiss."

"Anytime." He grins, leaning down.

His lips feel so good on mine. I'd always thought that people were exagerating in those romance novels and cheesy halmark movies when they said that you feel sparks when you kiss but I guess not. Kissing Akaashi is so much better. I feel like I'm flying. How the hell is this even possible?

"I love kissing you." He mumbles as we pull apart.

"I love kissing you too." I laugh.

"Will you admit that you're the prettiest now?"

"Never."

He kisses me again.

cuties omds

i love em

have a good day/night💘

baibai🫶