Cafe convos

the one thing chat gpt is good for is giving writing prompts bc this was the first idea it gave me

enjoy

(3rd person pov)

In the quietly budtling cafe, Akaashi sat in the corner, nose stuck in his worn novel. Completely oblivious to his surroundings, he looked up in surprise and confusion when a waitress delivered his coffee. He sat up quickly, rushing to say a thank you as the girl whisked away. Taking a sip of his warm latte, he spotted a girl on the next table over drawing in a small sketchbook, the pages filled with doodles and sketches. Even from where he sat, Akaashi could tell her art was incredible.

The girl sat hunched over her sketchbook, sipping at her fruit tea every few pen strokes. She tapped her pencil on the table, staring at whatever she was drawing...a short haired girl?

Akaashi's eyesight isn't exactly the best.

He forgot his glasses today.

Mustering up the courage, he leaned over to the girl, hoping that his small smile was friendly enough.

"Your drawings are so beautiful."

"H-huh?" The girl jumped slightly, whirling around to look at him.

"Th-thank you." She smiled, a warm blush tinting her round cheeks. "That's so sweet of you to say!"

Gaining confidence from her warm response, Akaashi couldn't help but want to continue with a conversation.

"Mind if I join you?" He asked, gesturing to the seat across from her.

"Oh not at all!" She smiled, immediately moving to clear the table more for him to sit.

"Thanks." He smiled back, moving his coffee from his table to hers, taking his stuff with him as he changed seats.

"What's your name?" The girl asked as he settled down.

"Akaashi Keiji." He said. "And you?"

"L/n Y/n." She said, resting her face in her hand, leaning onto the table. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too," He smiled. "What were you drawing before?"

"That girl sitting over there, with the blonde hair?" She pointed slightly, pushing the sketchbook over to him.

The current page was filled with people, some, however, were just doodles of the scenery, and some silly little cats and flowers. Hesitantly,
Y/n flipped the page to the one before it where a drawing of a boy with a very similar likeness to Akaashi sat.

"I hope you don't mind." She said. "I drew you a little while ago."

"Wow, that's beautiful! I look so much better as an anime character." (heh) He chuckled, leaning further to look at it.

"Please, I think you look great in real life, much better than my drawing." She laughed, blushing once she realised what she had said.

Thankfully, Akaashi is so oblivious, he didn't even notice.

"Can I take a picture?" He asks.

"Of course!"

While Akaashi was taking the picture, Y/n took the time to admir- study him. For art purposes of course. Nothing else. Totally.

He has such long lashes...

As Akaashi looked up, they met gazes and for a moment everything quietened, the cafe's bustling calmed, time slowed, the air thickened, the scents became sweeter. Each one lost in the others eyes, unknowingly to both a look of longing in each of their eyes. And then timed went back to normal and the buzz of the cafe returned and they both snapped out of their trance like state.

Mesmerised...

Laughter bubbled out of them both, the sound sweet and soft.

"You're incredibly talented." He remarked with another bubbling laugh.

"Thank you." Y/n said, her grin widening, quiet laughter pouring from both of them.

The two shared stories, from Akaashi, and art, from Y/n, the hours dwindleling away until the cafe workers wondered if they would ever leave but didn't want to ruin their moment. As the hours melted away, each moment becoming a fond memory, each moment deepening a newly blossoming friendship, or more, the pair felt their newfound connection to be something like magic. More akin to fairytale romances than simple human interaction. Bonding over stories and art, painting the bleak world a million colourful shades, neither wanted anything to end. Alas, the cafe had to close, ending their cosy coffee chatter. They're cafe convo turned into midnight walks along the roadside and laughter at two in the park. No one awake but two strangers quickly turning into lovers.

He walked her home after hours and hours of easy conversation, promising to text her and hang out again. Actually he texted her right that next day, and then they facetimed, and then they met up, and then they talked for hours once again.

And then they never left each other.

this was so sweet and poetic i might cry (i wont but yk its cute) thank you chat gpt for the prompt but i wrote everything else myself sooo 💪💪💪 im amazing eheheh

have a good day/night🎊

baibai🫶