The chaotic dinner (pt.2)

pt.2 of my "i missed you" oneshot (no one asked for it but writing konoha and bokuto being stupid mfs sounded funny)

(your pov)

"Bokutoooo." Konoha whined, grabbing Bokuto by the shoulder.

I sigh, watching as Konoha and bokuto started to fight for the fifth time that night over stupid shit.

"Guys." I snap, throwing a small piece of bread at both of them.

"Sorry." Both of them mumble.

"Honestly I'm surprised they even listened." Akaashi mutters to me.

"Same." I lean against him, relishing in the feeling of his strong arm wrapped around me, I'd missed that feeling.

"Hey! I've got cards, anyone want a game?" Bokuto asked suddenly.

"Oooh, can we play blackjack?" Yukie asked, grabbing onto his arm from her side of him.

"Yeah! Let's play blackjack!" Kaori sat up from where she was next to Konoha.

"How do you play?" Yura asked.

"Oh! So basically there's one person that's banker and they deal out two cards to everyone playing. You have to make sure that your number is more than 16, but less than 21. If you get 21 you win and put out your cards and call blackjack." Mitsuki explained. "Otherwise, the deck gets passed around, if you want, you can take, if you don't, don't. But your number has to be at least 16. Afterwards, the banker gets to pick people to show them their cards, if the person has a higher number without going over 21 then they win against the banker."

"If you get an ace on the first go, it's worth 11 points, second round time is 10 but third time it's just one. If you get two aces, you get blackjack and the banker has to pay triple. If you get blackjack on the first go it's double, but for if it's not a double ace." Konoha filled in the rest. "If you go over, bust and you lose, you have to pay up to the banker."

"I'll be banker!" Bokuto called, shuffling the deck.

"Babe, take out the jokers." Yukie reminded him.

"Oh shit."

"Okay! How much are we betting?" Bokuto asked after finally getting the jokers out of the deck.

"I'm going 600 yen." I say.

"Wuss, go higher, like you usually do." Konoha said. "I'm putting 1000 yen."

"You know what? Fine. 1200." I raise an eyebrow. "Go higher Kono."

"Fine. 1200." He matches me.

"Don't lose all your money." Akaashi chuckles, putting 600 yen on the table.

"Don't be a pussy Akgaaashiii." Bokuto said. "1000!"

"You guys are crazy, I'm playing it safe, I always lose at blackjack." Kuroo put 500 on the table.

"Pussy." Kenma said, sliding 1500 yen on the table.

"WOAHHH KENMA DAMN CONFIDENT."

"He wins every fucking time." Kuroo sighed in broke ass.

"400, I dunno how to play." Yura said.

"That's okay." Mitsuki patted his arm before pushing her own money on the table. "I'm going 1000."

"600." Yukie said.

"Same." Kaori slid her money into place.

"Alright! Let's play."

~~~

"Kuroo, you were right."

"What? I'm always right...what am I right about?"

"You do always lose."

"And I always win." Kenma smirked. "Blackjack, double aces."

"Oh what the hell." Bokuto slid his 4500 yen across the table and passing around the deck, only Kuroo, me and Yura took. "I don't wanna be banker anymore, I'm gonna go broke! I'm changing to 600."

"Honestly good choice." Kuroo said as Bokuto picked him to show his cards. "Aaaand I bust."

"How is he still losing?" Akaashi asked, more confused than anything else.

"Kuroo just sucks." I quip as Bokuto picks to open my cards.

"20. What do you have? A 19? Pay up Bo." I smirk as he groans again.

"For fucks sake! Can someone switch with me?" He practically throws the money at me. "I'm seriously going broke."

"That's ok Bo, I'll pay for our dates until you get your money back." Yukie jokes, patting him on the arm.

"Really? You better." He smiles at her before turning to pick someone else. "Last one and I'm switching with someone. Hmmm, Yura!"

"20."

"Fuckkkkk."

I made 5000 yen out of that.

i gotta be honest idk what i was doing with this ok i just like playing blackjack and it sounded fun soooooo (ik it was rlly akaashi x reader heavy but its chaotic and its a vibe so its fine go read a different oneshot of mine if you want cheesy romance) (also yes, blackjack is gambling, but dont come after me i only play during cny ok)

have a good day/night🏛️

baibai🫶