"Am I hot?"

(your pov)

"Hello students, today you will partner up and go into the city." The teacher announced, walking into the class. "You will be assigned a part of the city and a community service task like cleaning the streets or helping the general public. This willl be part of your grade, mind you, so don't you dare slack off."

Chatter broke out across the students, discussing groups.

"Hey Mitsu." I lean forward in my seat to talk to my best friend.

"Y/n! You wanna-" She gets cut off by a boy, Yura, coming over.

"Hey Mitsuki." He smiles down at her.

"H-hey! Yura!" She sits up straighter, fiddling with a piece of hair.

"Um, would you like to partner with me?" He asks sheepishly.

"Uh," She looks at me pleadingly, I nod with a sigh before looking around to find someone else to partner up with.

I hear Mitsuki agree to Yura excitedly, stuttering while trying to flirt horribly. I catch a pair of blue eyes. It's Akaashi.

"Hello L/n-san, would you like to be my partner?" He asks politely.

"Uh, sure." I nod.

"Alright class, I hope you've all partnered up, if you haven't raise your hand." She pauses, waiting to see if anyone would raise their hand, no one. "Good to see that everyone has a partner, can one person from each pair come and pick an area and task?"

Akaashi stabds up before I can, heading to the front. A couple seconds later, he comes back with a sigh.

"Trash pickup at the park." He tosses the piece of paper onto my desk, sitting down on his own table.

"Oh shit."

(akaashi pov)

"Let's go, L/n-san?" I tap her shoulder.

"Hm? Oh, right. Sorry Akaashi." She says apologetically, turning away from her friend, Mitsuki it was?"

"It's okay, let's just go now." I say with a small smile that hopefully made me seem more friendly. Bokuto told me that I'm too unaproachable so I've trying to work on that.

"Okay. Oh and Akaashi? Could you stop using the "-san"? I really hate formalities." She said sheepishly, waving a hand in front of her face.

"Oh, sure. L/n." I nod, smiling again.

This smiling thing is so tiring.

But she kinda makes me wanna do it more, is that bad?

We make it outside and start walking in the direction of the park. We walk in silence, I sneak a glance at her every once in a whil, she's actually really pretty. I never noticed before...
Sometimes I think I see her look at me but then I turn to look at her and she isn't anymore. Or she never looked at me in the first place and I'm just delusional. (a/n: akaashi being delulu is so adorable haha)

"Hey, Akaashi." She breaks the silence first, a small cute smile on her face.

"Hm?" I him in response

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

I stop walking, shocked.

She stops and looks back at me.

"What?" I wrinkle my nose. "No. And also why?"

"I dunno, I just assumed you would have one." She shrugged cutely.

"Why?" I force myself to start walking again, shaking my head in amusement.

"I hear a lot of girls fawn over you." She blinks at me.