Birthday hunt

a/n: since im unoriginal and lazy, this one is also in the same universe as my sun and moon book (you dont HAVE to read that one to understand this but itd probs be more fun so you get the refs)

(your pov)

So it's my boyfriend's birthday today, and Keiji hates celebrating his birthday.

So obviously I have to through him a semi-small surprise birthday party for him and invite his whole volleyball team! And make a teasure hunt thing for just us before the party.

I think he'll love it.

Plus, I only really invited like 15 people, and he knows all of them.

It'll be fineeee.

I think.

"Keijiiiii." I sing, padding through our quiet apartment.

"Yes love?" He calls from the bedroom.

"Happy birthday!" I jump in with a grin.

"Hey, thanks." Keiji sighs, looking up from his book.

"Don't sigh, it's your birthday!" I hop onto the bed with him, attacking him with a hug.

"Right." He pats my back, smiling softly.

"Come on! Change and let's go!" I jump back to my feet.

"Ughh." He reverts back to his original state of hating birthdays.

"Hurry up! We have a lot to get through." I say cheerfully.

"Coming." He gets up, patting my head and moving to the closet.

"Yay!"

Ten minutes and we're out the door, I pass him a piece of paper.

"What's this?" He looks confused.

"First clue of your birthday hunt!" I grin. "Open the paper!"

"What birthday hunt?" He opens the paper, readint the clue written on it in my small, messy handwriting.

"I set up a little birthday treasure hunt thingy for you!" I smile.

I can see a small smile forming on his lips.

"Right."

"Happy birthday love, here's your first clue, isn't your favourite sweater coloured dark blue?" He reads out from the paper.

"What's this supposed to mean?" He asks me.

"I dunno, you have to figure it out!" I shrug. "I'm allowing you five hints max."

"Hmm, wait I got it." He thinks for a moment before putting the paper into his pocket.

"Let's go!"

~~~

We enter the mall, the one we always go to, which is also the one we went to the day he confessed to me. He immediately brings us to the H&M, heading straight for the mens section to where the sweaters are anddddd-

"Yes! I got it." He grabs the piece of paper sitting under the bottom sweater of the shelf.

"Read it!" I urge.

"Good job love, you found the next hint! Now where can I sleep without getting hit?" He reads, before giving me a side-eye.

"What? I couldn't think of anything else!" I defend myself.

"Thanks 2nd year english teacher I guess." He shrugs.

"It's not actually in school, I figured it'd take too long and I don't think we're allowed in." I inform him.