You Kiss As Enemies-Part 4 (Sonya, Harriet, Teresa)

Sonya(The Safe Haven:Either:Her P.O.V)
I had been hoping that after the plan with Aris Y/N would talk to me about whatever she could be feeling. Aris even said that he was sure that she would say something about whatever conversation they had but refused to tell me just what was said. Honestly, it was borderline irritating, but there wasn't much I could really say about it. After all, he had done what he said he would, and apparently she had some kind of strong emotions too.

Sitting by the cliff, I stared at the ocean and mindlessly threw pebbles into the water, watching the ripples to try and get my mind off of her. For some reason though, the ocean only reminded me of her more. I think it could be how secretive waves could be. The way they concealed beautiful things below the surface but would sometimes clear up and reveal an unexpected part that you hadn't seen before.

Y/N wouldn't show much about herself. Not her feelings or thoughts or anything. Sometimes though, she showed parts of her that you could never have imagined. Like hidden jealousy and her defensiveness over the people that she cares about. I think that's part of why I love her so much. All those small things that just haunted my mind at night, but that I was also okay with that.

Throwing another rock, I sighed as I thought about her some more. Shaking my head, I looked at nothing in particular as I tuned out everything around me. So much so that I didn't hear footsteps approaching until someone took a spot next to me. Looking over, I was caught off guard by Y/N staring at me.

"Hi,"She whispered, keeping eye contact for once.

"Hi,"I greeted, looking back.

"I talked to Aris. I mean that's not related, but it's also sort of related. I don't know. Also, it was more of him talking to me. I just didn't really know how to word that, but I was sitting by the shore, and he just walked over which is really weird because we've never actually talked before. I mean we have, but we've never had a real conversation. Anyways, I'm rambling. I don't really ramble except I do because I actually talked to a shell about you. Not in a bad way though, but I don't talk to people much. You've probably noticed that unless you haven't noticed me, but you have because Aris said that. I don't think you were supposed to know that though or maybe you were. Also, I'm still rambling now so I look so stupid so can I start over?"She pleaded, almost blue in the face and out of breath when she was done.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah,"I nodded.

"Okay,"She started, closing her eyes and taking another breath. "I am so bad at talking to people that I actually had an entire speech before trying to talk to you. I think that it's better to speak from my heart though, so I will for once. I know that we haven't seemed to get along, and I know that that's my fault. I get defensive when I feel things for people because that scares me. I also feel things for you. I feel things for the way you look so comfortable around people. I feel things for the way you smile before you laugh. I feel things for the way you put your arm around people's shoulders whenever you hug them. I feel things for the way you can be tough when needed. I feel things for the way you find the bright side of situations. I feel things for the way you admire nature. I feel things for the way you see things others don't. I feel things for the way you can be so soft around the people you care for. I feel love for you. I love you, Sonya. I love you,"She confessed, looking at me the entire time.

So it was true. I did mean something to her. I just never would have imagined how deep it ran. I never could have thought that hers ran as deep as mine did.

"I think about you all the time. I used to push away those thoughts of you, because I never thought that you could look at me in any good way, much less the way that I do. Eventually, I knew that there was no point in doing that so I let all those thoughts of you overtake me. Even though I never wanted to, I learned to accept that I had fallen for you,"I promised, putting my hand in hers. Looking at it, she took a moment before intertwining our fingers, even wearing a smile as she did.