Fifty-one

Pain.

That was all she could think about and feel.

At this point a few of her fingers had been broken, paired with a few missing nails. They had healed her stomach enough to keep her from bleeding out.

Her back had been carved open once again. The iron whip cutting through her skin with ease. They laughed while doing everything. Valery couldn't even open her eyes anymore, so at least she wouldn't have to see their ugly faces before dying.

It certainly felt like it was close to the end. No one was coming for her. She felt stupid for not telling Rhys or Azriel. Or anyone for that matter.

The whip hit her back again. Valery had lost the ability to scream and cry a while ago. Her throat burned like hell.

She tried to remember all the fun moments in her life; every moment with her parents, her brothers. The moment she met Rhys and all the fun they had. Her quiet life before everything. How she fell for Azriel.

Arwyn's sons left the room after a few more minutes, probably getting cleaned up themselves since they were covered in her blood.

Valery had tried to call for her shadows again, hoping they would reappear as they had with Arwyn. But they didn't show any sign of life.

The metal door behind her opened again. Now that she thought about it, she had no idea where she was. They had captured her close to the Illyrian mountains, but she could be anywhere at this point.

Valery glared at the male that stepped in front of her. He kept an ugly grin on his ugly face. She still didn't want to believe that her parents killed his mother. Arwyn's wife.

"It's a shame you're still awake." he said lowly. "I'm impressed by the way. You're managing to hold on for longer than expected."

Valery never took her eyes off him, holding his gaze. "Just kill me." she said. It sounded more like a plea, how stupid it may be.

The male smirked. "No. I want you to suffer and I'm enjoying this." he moved over to grab a knife, holding it in front of her. "I want you begging for death."

He traced the knife down her arm. "Hope you enjoyed your short break."

Valery cried out as he started carving into her again.