Eleven

Rhys had taken her up to the House of Wind. She had almost forgotten how much fun flying was.

Before everything happened Rhys would take her flying every once in a while. Most of the time they were both drunk and it would end with them in a bush or tree.

Valery followed Rhys inside. The House looked beautiful. She could get used to staying here.

"Welcome to the House of Wind." Rhys said with a big smile.

"It's absolutely beautiful in here." Valery said as she looked around. Her shadows explored the House, looking in every corner.

A second later, an Illyrian male and Fae woman walked into the room.

Rhys smiled at the male and female and greeted them, although his smile towards the female might've been a bit fake.

"Valery, I would like you to meet Cassian. He's the general of my armies." he said as if she didn't already know that.

Valery went over to shake his hand. "Nice to meet you." she said. She had heard many stories about him from Rhys.

"And this is Nesta Archeron. Feyre's older sister." he said, tension hanging in the air. She also shook her hand, greeting the female with a smile.

"Cassian and Nesta own the House, so you will be seeing them a lot." he said. Valery nodded to the High Lord.

Her shadows finally came back to her, settling on her shoulders and arms. Nesta's eyes were focused on the shadows, her face full of questions.

"I have to go back to the River House, but I will be here for dinner. Elain and Lucien will be joining us too." Rhys said.

He put a hand on her shoulder and squeezed it. Goodluck with these two. He said into her mind.

Valery laughed quietly.

"Come, I'll show you to your room." Nesta said, breaking the silence. Valery followed the woman, passing Cassian. His eyes were on her hands again.

Valery pulled them away from sight, his gaze snapped to her eyes. She looked at him with a cold face, causing him to look away immediately.

After walking down a few hallways they finally reached the room that was supposed to be hers. Nesta opened the door, revealing a beautiful large room. A bit too large for her liking.

Valery had always liked smaller places, her house being a perfect example.

"The House is enchanted to answer all your wishes." she said. "If you need anything, like food, just ask it."

Valery raised her brows and mumbled a low thanks.

Her shadows looked around the room, searching every corner of the it. Nesta stared at them again. Then she looked at Valery. "Your shadows are much wilder than Azriel's." the woman said.

Valery's lips curled slightly upwards. "I guess so." she said. "They've always been this wild." Not always.

"So, do you have any hobbies?" Nesta asked, looking her over again.

"I never really did much since I was away all the time for Rhysand. But I like reading." she said. "And I like to keep myself busy with training." she added.

"What do you read?" Nesta asked.

"About anything I can get my hands on." she answered.