Chapter 23

As I stepped into the room where Becky and I were going to train, I couldn't bring myself to lift my head. The professor inquired if Becky could join the training session since there were no upcoming matches this month. Becky occupied the front center seat, while I took a spot in the corner, feeling her gaze on me.

"Why are you over there, Ms. Chankimha?" the professor asked, gesturing for me to sit beside Becky, but I declined.

"It's alright, ma'am. I'll manage," I replied, while Becky unexpectedly rose from her seat and headed towards me.

"What are you doing?" I questioned.

"Sitting beside you," she answered, handing me a piece of paper with the topics I needed to cover.

"Thanks," I muttered, averting my gaze.

This whole situation was Bright's fault. If he hadn't done what he did, I wouldn't have confessed. I wouldn't be feeling so awkward around Becky. What if she found out? How would she react? Would she tease me? Would she pester me even more?

"Why do you look so pale?" Becky inquired, gently lifting my chin to meet her eyes.

My face flushed even more. Why was she looking at me with such concern? And why was my body reacting like this?

"Stop," I protested, pulling away from her touch.

"Do you want me to take you to the infirmary?" she asked, reaching for my hand, but I refused.

Shaking my head, I focused on the topics on the paper. The first one was "hidden," but all I could think about was my feelings for Becky. I hadn't even realized them until Bright joked about liking her. Did he intentionally make me jealous to get me to admit my feelings? That jerk! Damn you, Vachirawit!

"Hello, ma'am. Is my beautiful sister here?" Bright's voice suddenly pierced the room, making me wish the ground would swallow me whole. "Oh, and she's with Ms. Armstrong."

"I have a class in five minutes. Can you help me carry these?" the professor asked Bright, who eagerly obliged, all the while winking and motioning for me to kiss Becky. What the hell!

"What's wrong with your brother?" Becky asked, tilting her head. "It's like he wants to kiss you."

"No, he wants to kiss you," I retorted, rolling my eyes.

"Too bad, I have someone else in mind," Becky shrugged, returning to her writing.

"Who?" I furrowed my eyebrows. Another contender after Bright?

"You," she stated, smiling slowly. "I've told you. You're the one I have eyes for," she chuckled.

"Cheesy," I deflected, looking away and biting my lip.

As I started crafting my poem, I found myself stealing glances at her. However, she kept catching me, so I made a conscious effort to avoid her gaze. Yet, Becky stood up, repositioned her chair to face me, and leaned in.

"What are you doing?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You keep stealing glances, Freen. So, I'll adjust," she explained, smiling and making me meet her gaze. "It's okay. I won't judge."

Once again, I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't resist looking at her. Every time I saw her face, a flood of words filled my mind, describing my feelings for her. It was overwhelming, indescribable, yet amazing. Was this what it felt like to like someone, to see them close to you and also obsessed with you?

"Are you sure you like me?" I blurted out.

Becky nodded, her smile unwavering. "Why wouldn't I?"

"Would you consider dating me?" I asked, feeling a mix of nerves and anticipation.

"More than that," she chuckled. "Just looking at you now, I can picture my future with you."

"Silly," I remarked, struggling to contain the smile threatening to spread across my face. "But next time, find better words. I won't go out with you if you keep being cheesy."

"I'm not being cheesy," Becky protested, leaning back in her chair but keeping her gaze fixed on me. I found myself unable to look away. What was happening to me?

"Do you think you could make me fall for you?" I challenged.

"I'll give it my best shot," she replied, moving closer, almost closing the gap between us. "And I'll make it hard."

"I doubt it," I shrugged, gently pushing her away and returning my attention to the poem I was writing. Yet, once again, she was the subject of my words.

Needing some air, I stood up and stepped outside. Having Becky around was suffocating, not because I didn't want to be with her, but because I didn't know how to act. Leaning against the wall, I closed my eyes briefly.

I admitted it to myself. I liked her. I couldn't deny it anymore. But I wasn't ready for her to know. I wanted to test her, see if she'd wait for me until I was ready. I was afraid of falling in love, but if I did, I hoped it would be with her.

"Why are you out here?" Billy's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. He stood there, arms crossed, observing me. "Aren't you supposed to be training with Becky?"

"She's inside," I gestured towards the room, where Becky was now seated against the wall, her eyes closed, looking stunning as ever. Damn, just looking at her made me fall harder. I shouldn't be feeling this way.

"Looks like you're struggling to suppress your feelings for her," Billy smirked, wrapping an arm around me as we both watched Becky. "What does Becky need to do to show you she's serious about you?"

"Just be herself. That's all I want," I sighed, freeing myself from his embrace. "And don't you dare tell her how I feel."

"I won't," Billy assured me, turning his attention back to me.

Glancing at Becky once more, I hoped I hadn't made a mistake. Because if I fell, I knew it would be hard, and it would be for her.

***
I'll review my notes again HAHAHA. I'll update tomorrow. Mumu 😚.
- v