Chapter 32

Mew helped me pack my clothes at Becky's house while Becky watched us with sadness in her eyes. Even though I didn't want to leave so soon, I didn't have a reason to stay anymore. My family needed me, and they missed me.

"Can I stay for another night?" I asked Mew. "I don't have classes tomorrow. You can bring my things to the house."

"Why?" He raised his brows. "It's a no, Freen. You've been staying here for almost a month. I won't allow it. Mile misses you so much, and so does Bright. You'll go home tonight with me."

"Just one last night, please?" I pursed my lips and blinked multiple times to look cute, but Mew only looked at me. "Please?"

"Freen, you heard me. It's a no." He zipped my luggage and grabbed my hand as we left the room.

Becky followed us, and the atmosphere felt as if I had run away from home and my brother was here to fetch me. It was awkward, especially with the maids watching us.

"Say goodbye to Becky. I'll wait in the car." Mew motioned for me, and I glanced at Becky.

I knew she would miss me, especially my cooking. She was used to me coming back to her and cooking something. We would talk about nonsensical things and laugh while eating, but now that was coming to an end.

"See you soon?" I asked.

Becky nodded slowly. "I didn't expect you to go home so soon. Perhaps I should injure myself again?" She chuckled.

"Naughty." I tousled her hair and smiled at her. "You know my number. Just call me when you miss me, okay?"

Becky took out her phone and dialed my number, causing me to glare at her.

"I said only when you miss me," I said.

"But I miss you even though you're standing right in front of me." Becky averted her gaze and motioned for me to go.

I pulled her closer and hugged her tight. "I'm glad you're fine now, Bec. I'll see you at school."

I removed myself from the embrace and turned around. We were kind of dramatic here, but it was really hard to let each other go for a while. Becky and I used to sleep beside each other, and now we need to part ways.

"You ready?" Mew asked as he helped me put on my seatbelt.

"How can you stay away from your girlfriend for so many days?" I asked Mew. He and his "girlfriend" were in a long-distance relationship, yet I never saw them fight over anything. They were so mature.

"It's because I don't have a girlfriend," Mew revealed, causing me to look at him. "I know I told everyone that I have a girlfriend, but it's not a girl, Freen."

"Why didn't you tell us earlier?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"How could I tell you? I've been a womanizer for years, and then this guy made me fall harder for him. I couldn't accept myself when I realized that I was in love with him. But when he admitted everything to me, I eventually gave in." Mew explained. "I'm sorry I couldn't be truthful. I was scared you might judge me."

"Judge you? Who would judge you, Mew? Mile and Bright see you as their role model, and so do I. If you're afraid people will talk behind your back, let them be. People are like that. As long as we're alive, they won't stop talking about us." I was frustrated. I couldn't believe I was hearing this from my brother, the one who pushed me to admit my feelings, yet even he couldn't do it.

"You're the only one who knows. I'm not ready to tell Mile and Bright yet. So please, don't tell them." Mew looked at me with concerned eyes.

"Fine." I crossed my arms. "But I want to meet that guy. You've been together for many months or even years, and I still haven't seen him. It's unfair that you've already met Becky, yet I haven't met your boyfriend."

"Okay, ma'am." Mew smiled and focused on driving.

It was still shocking that my brother, who was popular everywhere, was in love with a guy. He was known for his looks, and many girls were head over heels for him, yet he fell in love with a guy. It was so cute.

"Freen!" Bright came running to me after seeing me get out of the car. "I missed you, sister!" He hugged me so tight I could barely breathe.

"Hey, you're killing me!" I patted his back, and he let go of me.

I went straight to my bedroom because I was so tired. I needed to rest and try to learn to sleep alone again.

I checked my phone, but there were no missed calls. Maybe Becky was already resting. I should rest too.

However, after taking a quick bath, my phone beeped, and I thought it was Becky. I ignored the call since it was only Billy. Another call came from Nam, and I ignored it again. I didn't want to talk to them. I wanted Becky to call me. I didn't want to initiate because I was afraid she might be sleeping, and I didn't want to disturb her.

The clock turned to 10 PM, but still nothing, so I decided to turn off the lights and sleep. However, my phone vibrated again, causing me to look at it.

My eyes widened when I saw Becky's message.

"Do you have a minute? I'm outside your house." Her message said.

I giggled and typed my reply. "I have all the time in the world for you."

"Then come down. Do you want to come with me to the night market? It's open tonight." Her reply.

I quickly changed clothes and slowly sneaked out of the house. I saw her standing under the tree, and she waved at me. Damn, seeing her there felt like I saw an angel in disguise. What did she do to me?

"Let's go?" she asked, reaching for my hand and intertwining it with hers.

"Yeah," I smiled sweetly.