Chapter 5

I arrived at my office early one morning, intending to dive into work, but I was pleasantly surprised to encounter a familiar figure. He greeted me with a warm smile and opened his arms for a hug, which I eagerly accepted.

"Hey there, you're here bright and early," I remarked.

It seemed unlikely that he had traveled all the way from New York so quickly. It typically takes at least a day to make that journey.

"Yep, that's why I gave you a heads-up last night," he replied with a wink that I initially missed. "By the way, I was searching for something. Are there any unorganized documents on the shelf?"

I glanced around the office. All the documents related to the school's activities were neatly stored there. Wait, was he looking for Becky's files from the last sports competition?

"I think I left it here," Billy said, scanning the organizers.

"Are you referring to Becky's file?" I asked, furrowing my brows. "Why?"

"Oh, you know her?" he responded. "Small world. Can I take a look?"

I retrieved the folder from my bag and handed it to him. Why was he so interested in Becky? Did he have a crush on her?

"I'm sure you're curious," he said, and I nodded. Motioning for me to take a seat, Billy perched himself on the table. "Becky's actually my cousin. I encouraged her to choose this university, despite receiving multiple scholarship offers elsewhere due to her athletic prowess. I was thrilled when she quickly became captain."

"She's your cousin?" I raised an eyebrow. "So, you're the President's son?"

"Why does that matter?" he asked, closing the folder. "Bothered by nepotism? Think I used my dad's influence to become council president?"

"No, I actually admired your dedication. But I couldn't help wondering how you became president at such a young age. Typically, it's a junior or senior," I explained. "Just curious. I thought you must have worked really hard."

"Well, I did!" Billy chuckled and playfully pinched my cheeks. "My dad doesn't pay much attention to me. He favors Becky's brother because of his talent. I bonded with Becky because she's so likable." He smiled before returning to his seat.

"Likable?" I exclaimed. "That girl isn't exactly likable. Do you hear yourself?" I scoffed.

"Relax," Billy laughed again. "You're probably upset because my dad appointed her captain. I know you dislike people who advance through connections rather than hard work."

"And that's precisely why some hardworking individuals don't succeed—because of people like them. Their mindset infuriates me," I remarked, crossing my arms.

Billy shook his head and resumed reading. I was about to call Nam when someone barged into the office without knocking. To my surprise, it was Becky Armstrong.

Becky scanned the room, locking eyes with Billy, who raised an eyebrow in acknowledgment.

"Why are you here?" Billy asked. "I was planning to introduce you to Freen later, but it seems you've already met."

"Unfortunately," I muttered under my breath.

"I'm here to collect my girl," Becky declared, flashing me a dazzling smile. I had to admit, she was stunning, but her looks no longer impressed me as they once did. She was nothing but trouble in my book.

"Who's your girl?" Billy glanced around before chuckling. He returned the folder to its place and crossed his arms. "That girl right there is your president, Rebecca. She may be new, but you need to show her respect."

Becky sighed and rolled her eyes. I hadn't realized Billy could speak to her like that. I assumed she didn't listen to anyone. Perhaps they were closer than I thought.

"Fine. But we had an agreement. I won't train unless she's present," Becky said, shooting me a pleading look. Billy turned to me, prompting me to shake my head and wave my hands.

"I never agreed to that, Rebecca," I interjected. I had no desire to babysit someone. I had enough responsibilities already.

"That's immature, Becky. Freen has a ton of work to do. She can't just sit around watching when so many students rely on her. Being president isn't a walk in the park," Billy scolded.

"But—" Becky's brows furrowed as she turned to me, resembling a child denied a treat. "I'm not Draco, but your father will hear about this!" With that, she stormed out, but Billy quickly caught up to her.

"Wait," he urged, grasping her arm. "Just this once, Becky. If Freen isn't satisfied with your performance today, she won't attend any of your games."

Wait, what? Did he just agree to watch her games on my behalf?

"I'm out of that deal, Billy. No way," I objected, shaking my head.

"We'll be there," Billy assured Becky before turning to me. "Just one game. It won't kill us to watch this time."

"I thought you could handle her," I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"Becky is close to my father, and he's already disappointed in me. I can't afford to let him down further," Billy explained. "Just one game, please?"

"I'll watch if it's boys vs. girls," I insisted, crossing my arms.

"I'll make it happen," he promised with a wink, gesturing for me to follow him.

If we weren't as close as we were, I'd never agree to watch that game.