Chapter 30

Days passed, and Becky continued to pester me about going to school. Her wounds had healed, and she could now walk properly, even jumping on my back to annoy me.

"Becky!" I exclaimed, gently removing her hands from me. "I thought you were okay. Why do you keep clinging?" I questioned as we walked.

We eventually arrived at school because I couldn't say no to her. Becky pouted and sighed.

"Fine, I'm sorry," she apologized, quickly reverting to her usual cool demeanor, pretending as if she hadn't acted like a child just days ago.

As we approached the field near the student council office, many people waved and giggled at Becky. She smiled and waved back, but I quickened my pace, hoping she would engage with them. However, she stayed by my side, and a guy intercepted her.

I furrowed my brows. Who was this guy? I watched as he offered Becky a chocolate, which she accepted with thanks.

"Look, Freen. This is my maid's favorite chocolate. Don't you think she'll be happy?" Becky asked.

"Your maid or you?" I teased, raising an eyebrow.

"Me too," she admitted, unwrapping the chocolate.

"If you eat that, I won't cook for you anymore," I threatened, but she popped it into her mouth. "Don't talk to me!"

As I entered the office, Billy and Nam greeted me, curious about my demeanor.

"What happened, Pres? You look like a kid who's lost their favorite toy," Nam remarked, earning a glare from me.

"You still have a lot to do, Freen. Why are you late today?" Billy handed me a stack of papers, gesturing for me to look through them. "I heard Becky is going to start training again, is that true?"

"Yeah, and I'm going back to my brothers," I replied, scanning the folders.

"You've been staying with Becky these past few days?" Nam blurted out, earning glares from both Billy and me. She always had a knack for being late on these matters. "Sorry," she quickly apologized, lowering her head and excusing herself.

"You seem upset. Don't you want to leave Becky?" Billy chuckled, taking a seat across from me to help with the paperwork.

"I hate it when she starts training again. Yes, she's fully healed, but what if something happens to her again? What if—" I stopped short, realizing I was getting overly concerned for her, almost like a real girlfriend.

"Actually, the President is disappointed with our podcast. He wants you to invite someone who can be a guest for a month. And I think Becky and Bright would be great choices," Billy suggested.

"Bright doesn't like attention. He won't agree. As for Becky, I'm not sure. Besides, if we invite her, her fans will flood the comments section with compliments about her looks," I rolled my eyes.

"We need engagement, Freen. That's exactly what we need," Billy insisted.

"No," I refused. "I don't like it when people get too attached to Becky. She's mine, okay?"

Billy laughed, but I only glared at him. "You claim ownership, yet you won't even label your relationship. Do you really think Becky will stay loyal to you forever?"

"Why wouldn't she?" I asked sternly.

"It's not that," Billy waved his hands, still laughing. "I'm out of here before I ruin someone's imaginary relationship."

As he left, I crossed my arms, feeling irked. Why was I so bothered by Becky accepting that chocolate? Was it really that expensive? I grabbed my phone and googled the name on the box. "To'ak." My eyes widened at the prices. No wonder it was her maid's favorite—it was ridiculously expensive. I wouldn't buy it even if I had the money!

"That guy may be rich, but I shouldn't worry," I muttered, trying to focus on the papers in front of me.

But my mind wandered. If I saved my allowance for a month, I could buy it for Becky. But would that mean sacrificing meals for a month?

My phone rang, startling me. I glanced at the caller ID—it was Faye. I wondered what trouble she'd gotten into this time, especially after spending the night at the bar. Again! Why was she calling me? I hoped she wasn't asking me to fetch her from some random place.

"Hello?" I answered, steeling myself for whatever chaos awaited. "Where are you?"

"I don't know," she giggled, and I could hear another girl in the background. "I woke up in the middle of nowhere."

"This is not nowhere! This is my house!" the girl in the background interjected, but Faye simply sighed in response.

"Seriously? Did you call just to tell me you had a blast last night?" I asked, arching an eyebrow, though she couldn't see it.

"I called because I want to know if there are a lot of students in class today so I can open my cafe," she explained. "Anyway, how are you and Becky? It's been days since I last called."

"We're fine," I sighed. "Do you have money? Can you buy me chocolate?"

"Why? You don't even like chocolate," Faye pointed out.

"For Becky. Someone gave her chocolate, and she didn't even refuse it when she was with me. Can you believe that?" I huffed.

"So, you're just jealous?" Faye deduced. "You know what? Think about it. Those guys may use money to impress Becky, but just by being with you, she's already happy. You don't need money to buy her affection, Freen," she reasoned, probably rolling her eyes at me.

"Fine. Bye," I hung up, but Faye's words lingered, and I couldn't help but smile. She had a point. No matter what others did, Becky's attention was solely on me.

"Freen?" I heard Becky's voice from outside the office, but I waited, not wanting her to think I was eagerly anticipating her arrival. "Knock knock." She peeked inside.

I pretended to be engrossed in the papers before me, though I wasn't really.

"Wanna grab lunch later?" she asked.

I slowly looked up, feigning contemplation. "For what?"

"Just because," she shrugged.

"Becky?" someone called from outside, likely her teammates. "Are you free for lunch?"

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. If she agreed to go with them, I'd definitely ignore her for the rest of the year.

"I'm having lunch with my girl later. You guys go ahead," Becky replied, glancing at me before smiling.

"I'm not your girl," I retorted. "Just yet."