Epilogue pt. 1

People might think that I'm so stupid for forgiving Freen like that. She hurt me so much and broke my heart into pieces, but I was still here waiting for her to prove herself to me. I still love her after all that pain, those lies, and everything. However, how can I hate someone who brought so much joy into my life? How can I hate someone who made me feel alive? When everything was so down, she lifted me up. How can I hate her?

"Welcome back, Becky!" Richie welcomed me with a tight hug. His eyes were glistening the moment we saw each other. Perhaps, he found out that I was the best player on the Women's Football team in the US, and they didn't want me to return here so I could train for another tournament.

"I'm back and did what you asked me. To become famous, right? But did you do what I asked you?" I asked.

Richie smiled and nodded. "I did everything."

Richie and I had talked before I left for the US. I asked him to look after Freen and help her in any way he could. I hadn't received messages from Freen after those years, and Richie said she was just busy trying to get back on track. I was so proud of her. She really tried to be the best, to be worthy of me. She didn't give up after all.

"Have you eaten, baby?" Mom asked me and gestured for me to join them in the dining area.

They had prepared so much food, and my personal maids were also here. I guess they took them in when I left. Good for them.

"How was the US? We didn't hear anything from you when you left. You know how much we missed you, right?" Dad asked, and I smiled bitterly.

They missed me, yet they were the ones who wanted me to leave. I wanted to be mad at them, but I guessed this wasn't the right time anymore. Freen wanted me to be on good terms with them, so I would.

"Anyway, Dad. How was Irin? Was she doing well in the company?" Richie asked, referring to her longtime girlfriend.

"She's actually the best, honey. You found a great girlfriend," Mom commented. "However, I wonder if Becky would like to introduce her boyfriend to us by now." She teased me, but I shook my head.

"I don't have a boyfriend, Mom," I clarified. And I won't ever have one. "Anyway, brother. Can you take me somewhere? I want to visit someone." I smiled.

"Suddenly? You just came home. Stay with us for a while." Richie became nervous and looked at our parents, trying to signal them to help him. What was happening?

"You should stay with us for a while, Becky. You just arrived. Can't we have you for the day?" Mom asked again, but I simply smiled and shook my head.

"I'm a very busy person, Mom. You know that. Also, I am quite tired. I need to get some fresh air." I couldn't tell them everything. I couldn't tell them that after all those years, it was still Freen.

No one could replace her. Even though there were many guys who tried to approach me when I was in the US. I couldn't look them directly in the eyes. I couldn't even talk to them. It felt like I was cheating.

All those years I trained hard to be the best. Those years were painful and full of suffering, but I know it was for the best. It was for us.

"Fine. But come back here after getting some fresh air." Mom sighed and seemed like she lost her appetite. She stood up and left the dining room.

"It's fine, Becky. You deserve to go somewhere. I know you miss a lot of places here." Dad smiled at me, and I nodded.

I turned to Richie, and he was still nervous. He only nodded and stood up so he could drive me.

"Let's go to your girlfriend first. I miss my best friend." I smiled at him, and he nodded.

Richie brought me to the company, and I saw Irin busy in her office, reading papers. It was so sad that she didn't pursue her athletic career because she chose what my parents wanted. What should I expect? She loved Richie, and for sure she would do everything for him.

"How is my favorite best friend?" I asked as I opened the door.

Irin looked at me in surprise and immediately ran towards me to give me a hug. "Damn, Bec. I missed you so much!"

"Well, you're at fault this time. You didn't message me when I left until now." I rolled my eyes.

Irin asked me to sit on the couch as she locked the door of her office. "How are you? You've changed a lot. You look so much more mature, Bec. You're not my gummy bear anymore."

"You're being dramatic right now." I rolled my eyes once again. "Anyway, how was Bright? Was he still playing for the team? I heard he became part of the national team?"

"Bright?" Irin furrowed her brows. "Oh, no. He left. After what happened."

"What happened?" I asked.

Irin looked at Richie. "She didn't know?"

"What happened, Irin?" I demanded.

Richie averted his gaze. "I'm going to get some juice."

"Stay, Richie." I demanded. "What happened, and why didn't Bright continue being the national athlete?"

"Bright left after Freen..." Irin heaved a sigh. "Died."