Chapter 31

I took Becky to Faye's cafe so she could meet her. However, I realized she needed protein because of her training, so Faye let her take out some food to eat there. As usual, everyone was looking at us. No one knew Becky and I were close, though they knew she always clung to me. But now, things had changed.

"Here's your milk tea," Faye served us the food.

"This was supposed to be a lunch date between us two, Freen," Becky scolded me when Faye joined us at our table.

"I'm going to introduce you to her," I said, clearing my throat.

Faye only raised her brows, gesturing for me to introduce her to Becky. She leaned against the table, waiting for me to speak.

"Becky, meet Faye. She's been my friend since my first year of college. She's the owner of the cafe," I smiled at her, and Becky nodded. "Faye, this is Becky."

"Her soon-to-be girlfriend," Becky added, causing me to nudge her. "What?" She snapped.

"She's right. She's my girlfriend," I completed the introduction, causing Becky to look at me too. "What?" I raised my brows.

"Okay, now that I know her, can I serve the other students?" Faye asked coldly. "There are eyes looking at you both now. Are you sure you're going to make it official inside my cafe? So I could put a tarpaulin outside that the student council president and the varsity football team captain are officially in a relationship."

"Don't be sarcastic," I said.

Faye stood up, patting my shoulder before serving other students.

"I don't think Faye only sees you as a sister," Becky said, staring at Faye, who was busy making milk tea. "If she did, she'd be happy, not sarcastic. She's hurt. I can sense it."

"Stop overthinking. She's just like that. Mean but sweet. Do you know how many times she called and asked about our relationship?" I asked her. "And she's the one who told me that I should tell you about my feelings. She's a great friend, Bec. If you just knew her, you'd understand her attitude."

"Wait, are we official now?" Becky asked, trying to process the information I just said. "For real?"

"Why? You don't want it?" I asked.

"I want it, of course. I just don't know what made you decide to make it official. You kept reminding me that we're not lovers these past few days," Becky sipped on her milk tea. "Is it because of the chocolate?"

"What chocolate?" I asked, trying to save my dignity. I didn't want to look like a jealous girlfriend here.

Becky smirked at me and continued eating. I watched her as the students also watched her. Unfortunately, they could only watch her from now on. If only I could put "Freen's" on her forehead, I would, so no one would try to flirt with her.

After eating, Becky took a rest before returning to her training. I watched from the bench because my classes were over and I had nothing else to do. I wanted to watch her and go home with her, but last night was the last night I could stay at her house. I needed to go back home before my brothers officially threw me out.

"Watching your girlfriend?" Billy asked, sitting beside me.

Many students were watching their practice now, and the way they looked at Becky annoyed me. If killing were legal, I would gouge their eyes out.

Damn, why was I so jealous? It was all Becky's fault for being so flirty.

"No," I replied to Billy. "I'm watching the students in case someone confesses again."

Billy couldn't contain his laughter. "I remember the first time you met her. You said you would never like her. But here you are, guarding her so no one would try to steal her."

"Are you here to annoy me? Because you're doing a great job," I rolled my eyes.

"Becky, will you be my girlfriend?" One of the students on the bench yelled while Becky was running and busy aiming for the goal. I looked for that guy and gestured for Billy to call him. Once he saw Billy approaching him, he immediately shouted again. "Never mind, Becky! Never mind!"

Billy stopped in his tracks and laughed out loud. Even Becky got distracted and looked at us after scoring. She looked around and saw a guy lowering his head now. She chuckled and turned to me, causing me to raise my brows.

"Damn, Freen. I didn't know you were like this when you're jealous," Billy shook his head. "That guy has been Becky's classmate since high school. He even chose this university to follow her."

"I don't care. Even if he's the son of the school's owner," I replied sternly.

Once the game finished, Becky ran towards me. She was sweating, so I took a towel and gently wiped her sweat.

"You've changed a lot, Freen," she commented. "You didn't do this before."

"Because you're my girlfriend now. This is my duty," I said.

"I thought you didn't like responsibility?" Becky tried to tease me, so I glared at her.

"Do you want to be single again?" I asked.

Becky shook her head. "I need water. Do you have some?"

Billy handed her the water since I didn't bring any. I thought she had a tumbler? Next time, I would bring one for her.

"Stop wiping her face, Freen. She needs to drink," Billy grabbed my arms and let Becky drink. "You know what? You're overreacting. No one will steal Becky from you. Look at her."

I looked at Becky. She was wearing a big jersey, her hair tied in a messy bun. However, her beauty was vibrant even when she was sweating. She also smelled good. What was Billy trying to imply? That no one would stare at Becky if she looked like this? Even I, who used to dislike her, fell in love because of this side of her!

"Enough of that. I'll just finish this, and we'll go home, okay?" Becky smiled at me and handed the bottled water back to Billy.

"Make sure you finish early, before I finish everyone who's drooling over you," I crossed my arms and glared at the students.