Chapter 37

"Is my favorite person in a bad mood today?" Billy asked, pestering me incessantly about my mood.

After my conversation with Becky, I headed to school. I spoke with her parents, informing them that I'd already talked to Becky but was unsure of her decision. Ultimately, it was up to her, but I'd done my part.

"Can you please stop?" I asked, rolling my eyes at Billy's persistence.

I didn't feel like engaging with anyone today; I just wanted to know what had happened with Becky. Did she heed my advice? Had she truly returned to her parents? If so, then good for her.

"By the way, I saw Dad talking to Becky's parents yesterday while you were busy," Billy mentioned, causing me to arch my brows. "Anyway, let's talk about the upcoming sports fest. The committee is grateful for your help with Becky. However, students suggested having Becky as a guest at the Basketball Event. They want to see her play. Have you considered asking her?"

"No," I replied frankly. "We've broken up, and she's going home with her parents. She'll probably change schools."

"What?" Billy asked. "So that's why Dad was talking to her parents yesterday?"

"Probably," I shrugged.

"Well, Becky won't go," Billy smirked, wiggling his eyebrows at me. "You won't let her."

"I just did, Billy," I sighed, focusing on the paper I was reading.

"Then why is she looking this way?" Billy pointed out the window, and we saw Becky gazing in our direction. Though she couldn't see us from outside, it seemed she was wondering if I was inside.

I felt guilty, swallowing the lump in my throat and returning my attention to the papers. I didn't want to be indecisive anymore; I needed to stand by what I'd said.

"Where's Nam? Are the directors ready now?" I asked Billy, but he remained silent, still gazing outside, prompting me to look again.

There, I saw Becky still standing. Some girls approached her, but she smiled and shook her head, indicating refusal. She put her hands in her pocket, and suddenly, Irin arrived.

"Let's go, Billy," I said, exiting the office. I didn't want to see her; I didn't want to reconsider my decision. If she wanted to stay, she could, but at least I wasn't part of her decision anymore. I'd done my part, and that was enough.

"Pres, the directors are all in the meeting room. Here's the agenda for today," Nam handed me a folder, and I thanked her.

Entering the meeting room, I was surprised to see Becky there. How had she gotten there so quickly? And what was she doing here? She wasn't listed as a director of any sub-organizations.

Becky raised her hand, and I nodded for her to speak. "I'll substitute for Irin in this meeting. She has a stomachache."

I nodded, perhaps she'd spoken to Irin earlier. Though Irin had seemed fine when I'd last seen them, I didn't want to pry.

Starting the meeting, I outlined everything that needed changing and revising. I also sought everyone's opinion since I planned to hold a masquerade ball after the sports fest. They all agreed and offered their assistance.

After the meeting, the directors left, leaving Becky and me alone in the room. I was about to leave when Becky stopped me in my tracks, locking the door and looking at me with concern.

"What is it, Ms. Armstrong? Do you have any questions?" I asked formally, not wanting to appear vulnerable.

"Can we talk?" Becky asked. "I don't understand why you're letting me go so easily. I refuse to believe that you don't love me."

"If this isn't about school, please excuse me," I attempted to escape, but Becky grabbed my arms.

"Do you want to do this, Freen? Don't you want to give us a chance?" she pleaded.

"I'm certain that nothing will come of maintaining our relationship. There are plenty of girls out there who would be happy to be with you, Bec. You can choose whomever you like. Just don't bother me again," I said, removing her hands from me.

"How can I choose someone who doesn't reciprocate my feelings? And worse, doesn't want me to choose her?" Becky's eyes welled with tears, her voice cracking. "I'm not giving up on us, Freen. I'll follow you to the ends of the earth if you want me to. How can I make you understand that I love you more than you realize?"

"You're still young, Becky. Can you hear yourself?" I snapped. "You're just an 18-year-old girl, and you probably don't understand love. This is just infatuation, Becky. It'll fade once you find someone who truly cares for you. You'll forget about me once you find that person who wants to be with you too."

"And that's not you?" Becky asked.

"Do you want to hurt yourself?" I asked. "Yes. It's not me, and I refuse to be that person. You and your tumultuous family—I don't want any part of that. Excuse me." I opened the door and left her in the meeting room.

This was for the best. Perhaps Becky and I weren't meant to be together. We were worlds apart, incompatible.

---

I saw a comment before, I don't know which chapter, but this story isn't that "clean". I mean, it still has matured scenes but since Becky is still young in this part, I won't include some (for now). Don't expect that there will be no R18 scene. Thank you.
- vivaciousgeek