Chapter 4

During their walk across an empty lakeside port and their discussion, the team come to a conclusion that so long as they get attacked first, they can retaliate back even when a match hasn't started. Especially when the disembodied voice hasn't said anything about it, let alone state that it isn't allowed. Of course, Weiss doesn't like the fact that they're still left in the dark, but Yang and Blake reassures her.

Yang: "Look on the bright side, Weiss. At least we kept our keystone safe so far."

Blake: "That's something to be glad for."

Their team leader chimes in, showing Weiss their red keystone shortly before putting it back into her pocket.

Ruby: "See? So, cheer up, Weiss."

And while that eases Weiss a bit, her mind is still cluttered with questions and thoughts about this whole tournament they're in. This is when the still-tied up Y/N comments.

Y/N: "I wonder how much we walk."

Ruby: "I don't know... probably a mile or two, I think."

Blake: 'You think?"

Ruby: "How should I know? We don't know how large or small this world is."

Y/N: "It feels like we walk for hours."

Ruby: "Hm..."

Hugging Ruby from behind, the smirking Yang then answers back.

Yang: "Cheer up, sis. I'm sure things will get better."

Weiss: "Things will only get better if we get the other keystones."

Yang: "Eh, it'll happen sooner or later."

The heiress groans briefly as she resumes speaking to Yang.

Weiss: "Can't you take this a little more seriously?"

Yang: "What? I am. I'm just boosting morale."

Y/N: "You mean lightening up the mood?"

Yang: "Yeah! He gets it."

Blake: "That's fine and all, Yang. But we need to be more alert."

Ruby: "She's right. We almost got ambushed and had our keystone almost taken from us."

The blonde shrugs it off.

Yang: "And I'm all for it. We just need to have eyes behind our heads and pummel anyone that threatens us."

Weiss: "We still need information from the other contestants so, try not to go too wild."

Yang: "I know, I know. But hey! Another day, another victory for Team RWBY+Y/N!"

Ruby: "We only manage to scrape out a victory last time."

Weiss: "Exactly. So please remember that a defeat for us is a defeat for our team."

Yang: "Ah, don't worry so much. We'll get that and the keystones no matter what."

Y/N: "We appreciate that, but-"

His words are interrupted when, not too far from them, a man with short yellow hair and green eyes launches a beam of ice with his blade at the team.