Chapter 36

Now in his "time-out" by System, the ensnared Y/N is transported into a dreary pathway with several dead trees and some fog lingering off the ground. Of course, Y/N was dropped a few meters up in the air by the photo-negative barrier. However, Y/N managed to shift himself mid-fall and just in time to land on his feet. Straightening himself, the hostage confidently shouts to the announcer.

Y/N: "Hah! Nice try, System, but I'm still standing!"

Heart: "Y/N?"

Hearing that somewhat familiar voice, Y/N turns around to be greeted with the sight of not only Heart Aino.

But also, Celica and Minerva as well.

Y/N: "You girls...?"

With a big smile, Celica remarks.

Celica: "Oh my goodness, it really is you!"

Minerva: "...!"

The girls rush over to his direction, visibly delighted to see him again.

Heart: "We're so glad you're okay."

Y/N: "Thanks. It's been a long while since we last saw each other. I see that you girls are still sticking together, huh?"

Celica: "Yeah, but where have you been? We've been looking everywhere for you back at the candy house."

Y/N: "It's a... long story, trust me."

Heart: "Well, you can tell us all about it while we follow this path here."

Celica: "That's right. And we can tell you what we've been up to, right Minerva?"

Minerva: "..."

Y/N: "Sure. I'm fine with that." ("There might be a checkpoint along the way.")

And with that, they all walk through this dirt pathway as Y/N summarizes what happened after he left the candy house to get some fresh air. Of course, he leaves out certain parts like his encounter with Neo and Roman, his meeting with Junior and the Malachite Twins, and his several acts of defiance against System. Regardless, he explained previous events all the way to him and Naoto being in a hot spring resort. Processing this information with Heart and Minerva, Celica asks.