Chapter 14

Complete darkness is all that everyone can see. It not only covers the area Ruby, Y/N, Es, Ragna, and Hazama are in, but the entire world they're stuck in. Until the four keystones that are in Ruby's pocket begin to glow and levitate out of it. As that happens, the glowing keystones start to circle around each other, pulsing every few seconds. Especially the red keystone, which seems to be brighter than the rest. The glow and light emitting out of these stones are enough to somewhat light the area around them, but not by much. It doesn't take long for them to see each other through the barely illuminated dark space they're in.

Ruby: "What? The keystones are... glowing."

Ragna: "What the hell is going on?!"

Y/N: "That goddamn voice is doing something!"

Not a second later, the voice speaks up.

Female Announcer: "Ruby Rose. The information you have gathered through combat will soon reveal the keystones' true form."

As she said this, the four keystones looked to be charging up and before they knew it, it fired a blast of white electricity towards her. Seeing this, Ragna quickly rushes over and stands between Ruby and Y/N and the attack and is ready to block the attack with his sword.

Ragna: "Look out!"

Y/N: "What the!?"

Ruby: "Aah! R-Ragna!?"

Not a second later, the attack hits him and his sword, shocking him severely and launching him a couple meters away.

Ragna: "Ghhhgh...!"

Ruby: "Ragna! Are you okay!?"

The floating red keystone then starts to fire a similar attack, but smaller than the previous one.

Y/N: "Ruby!"

Spotting this, the tied-up Y/N goes and stands between her and the attack as it hits him, making him wince in pain as he does.

Y/N: "Grrrggh!"

The force of the blast was enough to make him flung and collapse to the ground a few meters away from his team leader as the white electricity surrounding and hurting him slowly dissipates.

Ruby: "Y-Y/N!"

Before long, a bright white light engulfs them all for a few moments before it dissipates, revealing the true form of the keystones.

The red-hooded look upon this with a mixture of shock and awe

The red-hooded look upon this with a mixture of shock and awe. It's only disrupted when she hears Y/N grunts in pain and heaving breathing. She immediately turns and rushes over to the collapsed Y/N's direction. The still tied-up Y/N is preoccupied with trying to lift himself off the ground. Seeing this, Ruby attempts to assist him getting back on his feet as she asks.

Ruby: "Can you get up?"

But Y/N only manages to stand on his knees and continues to catch his breath as he replies.