Chapter 25

Before long, the tied-up Y/N and Naoto come across an abandoned temple where a checkpoint should be nearby as Professor Port informed them this a long while ago. Of course, they don't plan on checking the interior of the temple as Port, Oobleck, and Glynda claimed to have already found nothing in it. They look around the area for anything noteworthy. So far, they found nothing as they slowly approached a wooded area.

Naoto: "Darn... can't seem to find anything around here."

Y/N: "Well, Professor Port did say it was 'near' the temple."

Naoto: "Yeah, not where it is exactly."

Y/N: "Come on, don't be like that. This is the first time we actually got some direction to a checkpoint. And we're definitely not going to ask System for it. So, we can't back out now."

Naoto: "I... guess so. It's probably our best chance at finding Celica and getting out of here... but where do I even start?"

Y/N: "Well, we just have to keep looking for every nook and cranny. Who knows? Maybe we might run into her and Minerva sooner or later."

The brown-haired sighs with a small smirk as he remarks.

Naoto: "Hm, probably... but man, I wish there was some obvious sort of-"

He's cut off guard when a tied-up girl drops down and is dangling on a large tree.

Naoto: "GUAAAGH!"

Expressionless, Rachel asks in an annoyed tone.

Rachel: "What is wrong with you? Must you be so noisy?"

The ensnared Y/N is somewhat surprised upon seeing her.

Y/N: ("Wait a minute, Rachel?")

Still flabbergasted by her sudden appearance, Naoto snaps back.

Naoto: 'What's wrong with me!? What's wrong with 'you'!?"

Rachel: "There's no need to be so upset. Your short temperament is that of a child. You should be ashamed of yourself."

Her remark irritates Naoto, but he answers anyway.