Chapter 26

Through yet another open field, all Naoto and the tied-up Y/N can see are rocks and bushes. They do see what looks like a bunch of pillar columns scattered everywhere and covered in vegetation several meters away. Some are still standing while the rest have collapsed or completely broken. The two guys decide to approach it, thinking this might lead to another checkpoint. While they approach it, Y/N is left to ponder to himself about System's behavior.

Y/N: ("She's either less enthused than normal or just flat-out don't care about tag battles. And it seems she's alright with bending the rules at the expense of me and my allies and in favor of herself.")

As Y/N slowly comes to awareness, Naoto speaks up.

Naoto: "Hey Y/N, have you seen anything that looks like a checkpoint?"

Y/N: "No, not really."

Naoto: "Ah geez, you think we came across one by now."

Y/N: "It's a competition, Naoto. Of course, it's not going to be that easy."

Naoto: "I wish it was honestly."

Y/N: "Yeah, well... we just have to keep pressing on."

Naoto: "I know..."

The two then start examining these pillar columns for any indication of a checkpoint right here or close by. Despite this, they don't find anything noteworthy.

Y/N: "Tch, nothing."

It's only when Naoto spots something in the corner of his eye that he shouts.

Naoto: "Y/N, look!"

Y/N: "Hm?"

He follows Naoto's gaze to discover the approaching Team JNPR, who also take notice of their presence.

Ren: "Y/N... Naoto?"

Pyrrha: "You're here?"

Jaune: "Oh my gods, we found you guys!"

Nora: "Hooray!"

The team rush over to their direction as both Jaune and Nora pull the ensnared Y/N into a little group hug. Smiling warmly to them, the hostage remarks.

Y/N: "I'm so glad to see you guys... again."

The hug ends for a moment as they all gather around.

Pyrrha: "We were very concerned about you."

Nora: "Yeah, we thought you died!"

Naoto: "You honestly thought that?"

Ren: "Nora, please don't exaggerate."

Jaune: "Still, you getting electrocuted and teleported away like that gave us a fright, you know."

Y/N: "Right, sorry for making you guys worried. But I'm fine now."