Chapter 8

Y/N, Ruby, and Weiss have stumbled across various places during their travels. An empty convenience store with nothing and nobody inside, an empty rail station, and a small broken down central station. Of course, most of the time they journey through open fields with bushes, rocks, and trees scattered everywhere. In one of those mentioned open fields, the trio decided to rest for a bit from all the walking they were doing.

Ruby: "Take five you guys."

As instructed, Weiss and Y/N sit on the ground with her, hiding behind some enormous bushes. They let out a collective sigh and after a moment of silence between them, the heiress remarks.

Weiss: "So far, we haven't come across any other contestants."

Y/N: "And we haven't heard from that voice for a good while."

Ruby: "Well, I'm sure things will get better for us."

Weiss: "I hope so..."

This left the Schnee to ponder by herself, which Y/N and Ruby soon noticed.

Ruby: "Weiss?"

Y/N: "Something wrong?"

Weiss: "Hm? Oh, it's just-"

She's suddenly interrupted when the huge bushes before them are immediately flattened to reveal a small robotic-like tank with a skull attached to it. 

The mere presence of this thing caught the trio off guard

R/W: "...!?"

Y/N: "What the hell?!"

Not a moment later, the tank proceeds to launch two purple energy balls from its backside at them. This causes the trio to jump out of the way, combat rolling back up to their feet before they resort to fleeing.

Ruby: "Run for it!"

Watching them run away, the tank with a skull gives chase to close the distance between them. The trio catch glimpses that the tank is indeed pursuing them. Seeing a bunch of large stones cluttered together, the trio decide to hop over it, hoping that it'll be enough of a roadblock to stop the tank from chasing them. Unfortunately, the tank somehow leaps over the huge rocks and once it lands back down, it fires another pair of purple energy balls at them, much to their surprise.

R/W: "...!?!?"

Y/N: "Are you kidding me?!"

In response, they manage to evade the tank's attack once more but the chase continues. As they keep sprinting, the trio have a brief exchange."

Ruby: "What the heck is that thing?!"

Weiss: "How am I supposed to know you dolt!"

Female Announcer: "Oh, its name is Blitztank."