Chapter 37

Both Naoto and Yumi are heading to a small, vacant city as they're guided by Naoto's pulsing stamp board.

Naoto: "Okay. I think we're getting close."

Yumi: "It would seem so."

Naoto: "I just hope we don't end up getting lost in this city."

As they were about to set foot into it, they soon detected the ensnared Y/N appearing in front of them and up in the air via the photo-negative barrier. As he begins to fall, Y/N notice that the height of his fall is more lengthy than previous times. 

System: "Bye-bye, boytoy!" 

Utterly furious, the hostage shouts out loud to the voice.

Y/N: "Goddamn it, System!"

This prompts the surprised Naoto and Yumi to dash towards him to where he might crash in order to catch him.

Naoto: "We got you, Y/N!"

But it wasn't necessary as the falling Y/N managed to angle himself just enough to plant his feet onto the side of a nearby building. Once he made contact, he used the momentum of his fall to launch himself straight to the ground. Naoto and Yumi watch as Y/N land on the ground, standing on one knee.

Y/N: ("That fall could've injured me severely if I hadn't done that... Nice try, System, but your attempt failed miserably. Still... she called me 'boytoy'...")

Naoto: "Y/N!"

Turning to face them, the tied-up Y/N cease his train of thoughts as he stands back on his feet.

Yumi: "Are you alright?!"

Y/N: "For the most part. Didn't think I would fall that high up."

Naoto: "No kidding. What was System thing?"

Y/N: "Who knows. Still, glad to see you two are cooperating right now."

Yumi: "Yes. It would make the most logical sense, considering we both have five stamps in hand."

Y/N: "And are they still pulsing?"

Before he can answer, Naoto displays his glowing stamp board to them.

Naoto: "They sure are."

Y/N: "Good. I assume we will travel through this city to find the goal."

Yumi: "It would appear so."

Naoto: "We were worried that we weren't going to see you again since the uh... hot spring resort a long while ago."

Upon saying that last part, an awkward air falls upon them with Yumi shifting her face away to conceal her embarrassment while Naoto scratches the back of his head. Sensing this, the entrapped Y/N just sighs as he remarks.