Chapter 6 - THE GOODBYES

...FEBRUARY...

I wake up with a pounding headache, a sure sign of too much alcohol from the night before. Memories from the evening before flood my mind as I slowly regain my senses. Renee and I had rejoined the group only to find Bella had joined, but Alexander was nowhere to be seen. We danced our way from room to room, searching for him. Eventually, we stumble upon Alexander and Alice locked in a passionate embrace in the Latino music room. Instead of interrupting, we join them, dancing together until the early hours of the morning.

But now, as the first light of dawn filters through the curtains, I find myself in bed next to Lola, who is still fast asleep. It's 8 am, and considering our late night, I decide to let her rest a little longer.

After a quick shower, I leave Lola a note and head to the lounge to grab a much-needed coffee. As I sip my cappuccino and lose myself in a book, I realize that today is the day Renee and her team are leaving for Manchester, the next stop on her tour. Meanwhile, I'll be staying in Brussels with Lola, returning to London tomorrow.

I decide to text Renee, wanting to say goodbye before they leave.

"Good morning Beautiful, what time are you guys leaving? Wanted to say goodbye before you go" I type out.

Within minutes, I receive a response.

"I think we're supposed to be at the airport at 1 pm. Where are you?" Renee replies.

"In the lounge. Come take breakfast with me" I respond, hoping for a chance to catch up before she leaves.

A few minutes later, Renee enters the room, her hair still damp from the shower. I can't help but smile at her appearance.

"Your shower is working again?" I tease, poking fun at our earlier mishap.

"Funny" she retorts, sticking out her tongue and shooting me a playful glance.

Renee joins me at the table, pouring herself a cup of coffee and grabbing a croissant from the buffet.

"So, how are you feeling after last night?" Renee asks, raising an eyebrow with a playful smirk.

I chuckle, rubbing my temples in mock pain. "Let's just say I've had better mornings. How about you?"

Renee shrugs, taking a sip of her coffee. "I've definitely felt better, but it was worth it. Last night was so much fun."

"Yeah, it really was" I agree, a fond smile tugging at the corners of my lips. "I'm going to miss having you around."

Renee's expression softens, her gaze meeting mine with a hint of nostalgia. "I'm going to miss you too, Max. Brussels wouldn't have been the same without you."

We chat over breakfast soon joined by Lola, Alexander and Bella. I'm happy to see them too, and have the chance to say goodbye to them once more.

As the moment of goodbye approaches, a heavy weight settles in my chest, and I can sense a similar gravity in Renee's demeanor. We exchange a glance, and I see a flicker of sadness in her eyes, mirroring the emotions swirling within me.

Everyone is chatting, we moved to a bigger table with comfy couches. Renee and I sit next to each other on a couch.

"I don't want you to go" I confess, my voice barely above a whisper, the words heavy with emotion.

Renee's expression softens, her gaze meeting mine with a depth of understanding that cuts straight to my core. "I don't want to leave" she admits, her voice thick with unshed tears.