~ Ch. 8 ~

Ahsoka's POV

    I was up all night. I couldn't sleep at all. So, here I am, at two in the morning meditating. Getting absolutely nowhere in trying to sleep. I stood up and headed for the kitchen area on the ship. Maybe walking will help. I had to tiptoe because there are four of us in this room. We didn't take a big ship due to safety measures. I'm rooming with Masters Obi-wan, Shaak Ti, and Anakin. I sighed once the door shut. When I entered the kitchen area I got myself a glass of water and sat on a barstool, taking a sip.

    Since I couldn't sleep, I decided to call Lux. It's two in the morning, but he might be awake. I put my glass in the sink and went to the opposite end of the ship, farthest from the bedroom. I found a small, empty closet and called from in there. Lux answered on his Holocron on the second ring.

    "Ahsoka?! Is that you?!" Lux almost yelled through the Holocron. "No, I'm just your imagination. Of course it's me dummy!" I whisper yelled at him. "Why are we whispering?" Lux asked. "Because I don't want to wake the others." I told him. "Right, you guys are going to Shili. Anyway how is Anakin treating you? Do I have to kick his ass?" Lux asked. I laughed lightly. "No you don't have to kick his ass. We are doing great. We got our tattoos' already." I said, remembering how I freaked out and Anakin sang me a song to help calm me down. "Really?" Lux asked. "Yeah, really." I said. I thought I heard footsteps. " I have to go someone's up!" I said to Lux. "Wait! Ahs-" I shut off the Holocron when I heard the door open.

    "My Queen? What are you doing in here at this hour?" Master Shaak Ti said. " I got lost looking for the bathroom." I lied. "But, I thought I heard-" " I was probably just talking to myself. It's an old habit from when I was little." I said and left for the bathroom.

                                                         Anakin's POV

    Master Shaak Ti woke me up. I looked at the clock and saw that it was three in the morning! "What is it Master?" I asked her. "It's Queen Ahsoka. She's been up for a long time and she won't go to sleep. I'm worried, she should be sleeping! This is not good for her health! She hasn't come out of the bathroom since two! Can you go talk to her?" Master Shaak Ti said, frantically. This made me get out of my bed. How long has Ahsoka been up? I was sure she went to bed before me. I knocked on the bathroom door and she answered with a muffled "Yes?"

    "It's me. Come on out, you need to sleep." I told Ahsoka. She opened the door. "How long have you been in here? Don't lie to me Snips." I said to her. "Only an hour." She said. "Okay, how long have you been awake?" I asked her. "All night." She said, avoiding eye contact. "What?" I asked, surprised. " I couldn't fall asleep." she said, quietly.

    I put my arm around her and brought her back to the room. I escorted her to her bed and we sat down. "You think you can sleep now?" I asked her, she didn't answer so I'll take that as a no. I laid down on her bed and she looked at me and I simply held out my arms. " I'll stay with you until you fall asleep. Come on, Ahsoka you need to sleep." I said. She sighed and laid next to me and I held her. She fell asleep within 10 minutes and then I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[ So I hope you guys all had fun on the 4th!! I stayed an extra night with my family so now I'm home and I took a notebook with me so when I had time I worked on this story! I'm right now in the process of transferring the chapters. I'm also not sure how long they are going to be because it's on paper so that's what I'm currently doing and I'm not even halfway near done with the story but I'm already considering a possible sequel. =P ]